For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
GAClassof67's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, May 27th, 2015 2:53 AM

Posted on Face Book earlier tonight

Will ATT/Uverse ever do anything right?  When we switched over to Uverse several months ago, we were disappointed that they lost their contract with Hallmark.  We were told by ATT that they were re-negotiating and hoped to get it back.  Well, they didn't, so we had nothing good to watch on TV anymore....UNTIL we got interested in watching "Blue Bloods"...a wonderful series on the ION Television channel 1014. Guess what!  ATT may be losing the ION Television channel too.  If their negotiating skills haven't improved since the Hallmark negotions, they will for sure no longer offer the ION Television channel and "Blue Bloods" as of June 15.  We have almost two years before we can get out of our contract with ATT or lose $180.00.  Needless to say we are counting the days.  Charter has Hallmark and ION Television/Blue Bloods.  Their internet speed is over 30 times faster than ATT Uverse, and their monthly charge is about 30 or 40 dollars less.  Why Oh Why didn't we go with Charter when we had the chance?  Live and learn.....

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

9 years ago

Blue Bloods also airs on WGN (180 or 1180 in HD) and new episodes will air on your local CBS station with Season 6 in late September.

Looking over my guide, WGN airs more episodes per week than ION does.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

@GAClassof67:

Where did you see this notification re: ION on U-verse?  I just checked and AT&T has not made any announcement with regard to ION.  See for yourself:

http://programmingchanges.att.com/

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Didn't say they had, said they may......Look again and pay closer attention to what you are reading.

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

9 years ago

He said ION is on 1014. That is a local channel in his area that is affiliated with ION. Perhaps UVerse may be losing it for some reason (maybe it is being moved to a subchannel). But the regular national ION feed is on 195, and there are no notices about U-Verse losing that channel.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

9 years ago

Do you have a source for this June 15 removal? Looking at AT&T's own programming changes webpage there's no mention for the loss of ANY channel 1014. or any ION station for any state. 

I also went onto AT&T U-verse's facebook page and saw NOTHING about ION being dropped. 

As for their negotiating abilities.  U-Verse has only dropped 2 networks over the past 8+ years I have been with them, Hallmark and NHL Network.  In both of those instances the channel was asking for more money than AT&T believed they were worth. with U-Verse being one of the few pay TV providers that is increasing in numbers, their belief is holding true.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.