billyp80's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, August 7th, 2014 1:13 AM

Possible bad receiver

I have tried all the suggestions such as restarting the receiver and the Gateway to no avail.  Have even disconnected power to the receiver.  When the TV screen comes on after restart it shows "rethinl possible" with the little spinner turning, then the screen changes to "ATT U-verse" with the spinner, then the program picture comes on, plays for less than a minute then the screen picture freezes.  This has happened repeatedly.  I am beginning to think the receiver is bad.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

It could be the receiver, it could be an iffy network connection.  The fact that it boots up and then freezes makes me think receiver rather than network.  But...

How is the receiver connected to the RG?  If Coax, tighten the connections.  If Ethernet, pull out and reinsert the cables on each end.

Are you familiar with UVrealtime (http://www.uvrealtime.com)?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @billyp80 

Just checking up on your post. Sorry to hear that your TV receiver isn't showing a consistant picture but, if you need some more help with this let me know and we'll be happy to lend a hand. I noticed that JefferMC and 'my thoughts' offered some helpful feedback that can improve the service. How's the receiver working for you now?

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Still not working.  Think I detailed the problem and have used your Troubleshoot and Resolve fully.  How do I get a new receiver?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Have two other receivers and TVs in the house.  They are working ok but can't access recorded programs.  Think the bad one must be the master unit?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Okay, sorry that didn't help but we can get you taken care of. It does sound like it may be the main DVR unit that is having trouble but, just to be sure could you provide the model number of the box? You can find the number on the bottom left-hand side under the Power button.

DVR&STB Model Number.png

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

The model number on the receiver is VIP2250.  Does  that sound right?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Tried your suggestion and it still does not work.  I will call the 800 number and request a receiver replacement.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Just completed conversation with a live rep and he is sending a replacement receiver to arrive 
Sunday, August 10th.  I'm happy!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Well the receiver didn't arrive until Monday but I installed it without a problem and every thing works very well.  Thanks for all the suggestions.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hey @billyp80 

That's great to hear, I'm glad that the new receiver is working well for you. Let us know if you have any other questions or issues and we'll be glad to help!

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.