Possible Smithsonian channel move?

Mentor

Possible Smithsonian channel move?

Just out of curiousity, what would take for AT&T to consider moving a channel in the channel lineup?  Currently the Smithsonian channel is 118 and 1118.  I enjoy the channel.  I also enjoy the History channel, NGC and the Sci channel.  The latter channels are around the 1250 block in the lineup.  It seems to me that the Smithsonian channel fits into similar programming as those channels.  Why not move it to 250/1250?

Message 1 of 32 (3,233 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Possible Smithsonian channel move?

[ Edited ]

dhascall wrote:

Someone saw a "bug" that said SEC would be 607/1607, which is a pretty darned good placement, if you ask me. 

As far as Smithsonian "fighting" the move, he had an email purportedly from Smithsonian that said it's AT&T's call.  You know that AT&T could have the channel in two places but I bet that would be expensive.

The SEC Network at 607/1607 would make sense considering it's owned/operated by ESPN and it would be (almost) right beside Longhorn Network at 609/1609.

Now what would be nice is the ability to put channels where the user would want them. ... it would also make migration TO U-Verse easier as you wouldn't have to adjust to a new lineup...just put the channels where they were on the old lineup... say you go from DirecTV to U-Verse, you could put U-Verse's ESPN on 206, etc.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 31 of 32 (212 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: Possible Smithsonian channel move?

baseballisback wrote:

dhascall wrote:

Someone saw a "bug" that said SEC would be 607/1607, which is a pretty darned good placement, if you ask me. 

As far as Smithsonian "fighting" the move, he had an email purportedly from Smithsonian that said it's AT&T's call.  You know that AT&T could have the channel in two places but I bet that would be expensive.

The SEC Network at 607/1607 would make sense considering it's owned/operated by ESPN and it would be (almost) right beside Longhorn Network at 609/1609.

Now what would be nice is the ability to put channels where the user would want them. ... it would also make migration TO U-Verse easier as you wouldn't have to adjust to a new lineup...just put the channels where they were on the old lineup... say you go from DirecTV to U-Verse, you could put U-Verse's ESPN on 206, etc.

That last part would be a "killer app."   I have always said that setting things up like Favorites would be much easier to do online, where you could drag and drop.  I suppose reordering your lineup could be similar.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 32 of 32 (197 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.