For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Christidowie's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, April 24th, 2016 1:00 PM

Please add the VH1 Classic Channel!!

Please add the VH1 Classic channel!  Most of the shows on regular VH1 are trashy or not my style!  At least VH1 Classic plays videos!  That's what so great about them!  Thank you for your time!  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

@Christidowie  VH1C is channel 520.  No HD but of course, why would you need an HD version of old videos?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@Christidowie  Yeah, but did you know it's only a 480i SD channel?  ATT's not interested in adding an SD only channel, know I would not be, I'm an HD snob.

Maybe why they never added the channel, it's seem to be one of the least distributed channels, possibly cause of SD only. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

@skeeterintexas. Thank you!  Didn't even know it was there!!!!  You rock!!!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

@mibrnsurg. I like my HD channels too but of course I know that VH1 Classic would be in SD since HD didn't exist in the 70s and 80s videos were created.  Your post sounded a little condescending. @skeeterintexas answered my question and made my day.  

Thanks for for your opinion though. 😀

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

You are quite welcome.  I've had Uverse for so long, I've just about got all the channels memorized (I've got to get out more).

I would never avoid a channel just because there was not an HD version.  LOGO is only in SD  (183) as is Discovery Life (466). 

Would it be great to have EVERY channel in HD?  Sure but it would be great if I was 20 years younger and 30 lbs. lighter...but I'm not waiting for that to happen either! 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Apparently Uverse had dropped VH1C for the U200 package.  It use to be part of the line up - as of 6/23/2016 we were able to access it.  Today it says we no longer subscribe.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

They can drop all of the home shopping, religious, spanish language channels, and MTV for that matter. Just restore vh1C. Not only am I NOT going to "upgrade" to U300 for vh1c, I am going to review how much I really watch  the channels being crammed down my throat. No wonder people are cutting the cord. VH1C is really the only music channel for adults left on the air. I guess ATT thinks we need 3 jewelry shopping channels instead. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

8 years ago

@arms_akimbo wrote:

They can drop all of the home shopping, religious, spanish language channels, and MTV for that matter. ... guess ATT thinks we need 3 jewelry shopping channels instead. 

Those home shopping and religious channels (among others) pay AT&T to be carried, so they're having a positive affect on the bottom line and help the cost structure on the packages serving to somewhat keep package prices down, so, as long as I can hide them, I'm okay with them.

Probably what happened in the last negotiation is that Viacom raised the rates on some channels and AT&T said something to the effect of "Fine, but we're going to put them in a higher package so there will be fewer subscribers for whom we need to pay your increased per-subscriber cost for the channels."

Scholar

• 

87 Messages

8 years ago

I live in the Los Angeles area and channel 520 isn't available here. They do have the west coast feed of VH1 Classic on channel 521.  The programming doesn't have much video though.  Today they are showing some concert footage.  Yesterday they were showing different talk shows like "Darryl's House" which featured Darryl Hall of Hall and Oates interviewing musicians.  Looking at the various MTV - VH1 channels, channel 509 (MTV Hits) shows videos back to back.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.