behappy's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, June 7th, 2015 9:17 PM

Picture too large for my screen

Just got a new TV and the size of the picture does not fit my TV Screen.  For example, when I bring up the guide, I see the program name but cannot see the channel number.  When I go to the menu, and try to view the support options, each of the submenus is truncated and I can only see part of each menu item, i.e. Remote Control shows up as "e Control".  Went into the setup of my new Samsung and the aspect ratio is 16:9 but Zoom 1, Zoom 2, and 4:3 (only options available) have the same problem.  Tried reducing the dpi, and got the same result.  Should I return the TV?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

I didn't know there was a U-verse receiver that doesn't have Component and HDMI.  What manufacturer/model is your U-verse receiver?

You will not get a proper picture on a HD set with coax.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

How is the U-verse receiver connected to the TV?

1) HDMI cable

2) Component cables

3) Composite cables

4) Coaxial cable

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

How about posting the model of the TV, so we can sse if we can find anything.

The U-verse settings for aspect should be 720 or 1080. Should not affect large vs small.

The u-verse zoom settings did not use to affect the menus. With the new rollout, who knlws. Maybe someone can check. Anyway, set it to normal.

It must be connected HDMI or component. If the old TV was SD connected composite or COAX, that cannot continue.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

Zoom settings still don't affect normal Guide viewing. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@mibrnsurg wrote:

Zoom settings still don't affect normal Guide viewing. 😉

Hmmm, coupled with the poster who's info button info wouldn't fit the screen, I wonder if something zoom related changed with the new firmware, in terms of the GUI?  I will say that once in a while on my TV, the guide looks like it shrunk.

And recall, w/the old firmware, if you left a menu up too long, it would get larger and the stuff would scroll off.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I have a new 40"Samsung UN40H5201AF.  Cable box is old and connects to the TV via Coax cable.  No HDMI on cable box, only USB and Network connectors.  Contacted Samsung about the picture size and was told that it is a Uverse problem.  Aspect ratio of 16:9 is the default and can only change to 4:3, zoom 1 or Zoom 2--none work properly.  Other Samsung selections that are present are wide fit, Screen Fit, and Smart View 1,  but these choices are not available (greyed out).

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

You are quite right, my receiver does have an HDMI connection and it is important since my coax connection was the problem.  I needed an HDMI cable for the picture to optimize on my screen.  Once I got the right cable, everything is working fine.  Problem solved.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.