TV_Junky's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, June 23rd, 2017 3:41 PM

Persistent Signal Error: Uverse Signal has been lost

I have rebooted the entire system several times; however, problem persists. Each channel will play fine for approximately 10 seconds and then freezes. U-verse signal lost message pops up each time. I am having no issues with my wifi which is also provided through AT&T. This issue mysteriously started yesterday with no prior issues.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

7 years ago

Did you change the way your U-verse TV Receivers are connected to the U-verse Gateway immediately before this issue?  I.e. insert a router, switch, or other network device in the path?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Hi! I didn't make any changes. It was working fine as I watched the news before work yesterday morning and when I returned from work is when I saw the "signal lost" message. I went through the normal reboot steps, but the channels would only stay on for about 10 seconds and freeze up again.

Any other thoughts? I also turned off the power in the main room where the receiver is docked and then back on (as suggested by another community member). Works for a few seconds then freezes again.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Hi! I didn't make any changes. It was working fine as I watched the news before work yesterday morning and when I returned from work is when I saw the "signal lost" message. I went through the normal reboot steps, but the channels would only stay on for about 10 seconds and freeze up again.

Any other thoughts? I also turned off the power in the main room where the receiver is docked and then back on (as suggested by another community member). Works for a few seconds then freezes again.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

I assume "signal lost" implies you're having the problem with a wireless receiver.  How may bars does it show on the front of the receiver?

How about your dvr?  Is it working ok (on tv plugged into that dvr)?  And is it working ok when the "sig lost" appears on the wireless?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

That's the odd thing about all of this. I initially thought that it was the wireless receivers but that's not the case. While, I do have two wireless boxes one in the family area and one in a bedroom - the main receiver is in my bedroom. Both wireless boxes have excellent signal strength and I'm having zero issues with my internet service. Also, I am able to play on demand movies from the "Premium" menu options without the screen freezing.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

That's the odd thing about all of this. I initially thought that it was the wireless receivers but that's not the case. While, I do have two wireless boxes one in the family area and one in a bedroom - the main receiver is in my bedroom. Both wireless boxes have excellent signal strength and I'm having zero issues with my internet service. Also, I am able to play on demand movies from the "Premium" menu options without the screen freezing.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

I'm trying to fully parse your reply.  So does that mean the dvr freezes too when viewing both live tv and dvr recordings (i.e., everything else that isn't on demand)?  The part I need to understand is "signal lost".  I wouldn't expect you would see such an error on the dvr.  And just be clear the dvr is the one wired to your gateway.  You said you "rebooted the entire system".  Does that mean you pulled the plug on the dvr for, say, 15 secs., and then let it reboot?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

7 years ago

The reason I ask is that working for 10 seconds, and then losing the channel is a textbook symptom of trying to route your U-verse TV traffic through a router or a switch that doesn't pass the multicast signal for IPTV properly.  If you do not have a switch in the line, then my next suggestion is whole house reboot: turn off all your U-verse equipment, including the gateway.  Plug in the Gateway and let it get far enough that Ethernet works.  Then boot your DVR let it boot up so that you can watch TV on it.  Then plug in your WAP and let its lights get "normal."  Then boot up your other U-verse Receivers.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

A tech/repairmen was dispatched and confirmed that the issue was with the gateway due to a bad "splitter". He indicated that I was one of several in my apartment community that he repaired on this past weekend. Thank you!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

This happens to me too.  I have had countless conversations and "chats" to try to correct the problem.  I had a Tech come out and he swapped our DVR for a "New" one.  The problem persists.  This is uber frustrating and annoying.  Who wants to have to unplug the dvr when watching a show.  Also frustrating, because it can be recording a show but if it loses signal we miss part of the show.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.