antoniog1949's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, February 20th, 2016 3:02 AM

Paying extra $10 to watch HD TV?

Why do I have to pay extra $10.00 to High Definition TV with a U200 TV package?  The package states in its definition of the program as you are selling that.:

1- Up to 200 channels,

2- Includes HD Channels and

3- content, and access to U-verse on demand programs. 

But I have to pay extra $10 to watch HD channels including my locals channels.. REALLY?

I can get free local channels with with super HD at no cost.  and based on the bill I read, you are charging my community $83 monthly for this package. and I have to pay extra $10.00 for HD. that is outrage. This is the USA and the year is 2016 where HD is a standard and NO one in the US should be paying extra for HD.   Comcast offer better service with HD included.

So I am going to talk to the representative for this rip-off and complain and to let the other residents know about this rip-off.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

@EarlWayneEller wrote:

Can you get hd tv on the family plan

Yes, for the same $10/month HD technology fee that applies to the other tiers (except U-450, in which it is included).  Visit channel 9910 on your U-verse TV to order it.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

I agree that in this day and age, HD should be standard, not an add-on.  About a year and a half ago I got my first HD TV (yes, I was behind the times) and found out that I'd have to pay extra for HD reception.  I was shocked but didn't have much of a choice.  Without HD all of the channels looked like crap!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

That is exactlly my point.  especially in the US where technology is the best in the world.  one should only be paying extra for channels you want to see and no how you want to see it.  so why not add the 10 dollars to all the packages remove all those crappy channels and have all packages in HD. and let the user decices what channels he wants. Anyway .. people are moving away from paying those useless packages when they can get hd channels from other ways ie. internet, amazon stick, roku, neflix. free antenna, etc.  I hope someone in top should start thinking and be smart and offer better service.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This is still an issue.  In everything online that I saw, HD is included.  It is shown in all channel guides, it says it in the U200 description, but no HD without $10.  Then, talking to an online rep, there are evidently two different U200 offerings, one includes HD, the other does not.  I do not see two different packages, and no where does it say "HD channels are extra" in any of the language I could find.  I dropped U450 because I no longer watch the premium channels, and expected HD to remain.  Surprise, Surprise - AT&T still wants to charge extra for HD.  So disappointed - I only wish I lived in a Verizon or Comcast service area....

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

Technology fee that's funny. Do you remember when they used to charge you for text messages back in the day. Looking back it's just kind of silly just like charging extra for HD.... technology fee lol

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

Technology fee that's funny. Do you remember when they used to charge you for text messages back in the day. Looking back it's just kind of silly just like charging extra for HD.... technology fee lol.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Be happy the uverse wasn't around when they "invented" color tv or we would still also probably be paying extra for that too!   I only got HD as part of a u300 promo package a couple of years ago (when they actually had  decent promos for uverse users).  Before that I was quite happy with SD (IMO basically the same information content anyhow) and it was just the principle of the thing.  I swore I would never separately pay for HD. 

When my promo was ove and went back to U200 I broke down and reluctantly started paying the $10, not because I wanted to continue using the HD, but because I was too lazy to reprogram all my many series records to the SD counterparts because the stupid series record settings don't allow you simply change the channel for an entry.  90% of those many entries simply require subtracting 1000 from the channel number.  It was bad enough going from the SD I once had to the HD series record in the promo.  I really don't want to go through with all that again going back.  I bet that series record limitation is no accident specifically to cause this kind of headache.

Afterthought:

Note, assuming when HD was first introduced there was additional equipment att needed to handle it (certainly was for the tv stations).  Maybe it made sense to charge extra to pay the HD equipment and transmission changes.  But by now those costs are more than covered and $10 for each HD subscriber sounds to me like way more than it should cost to maintain that additional equipment.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

@David4820  For someone who claims that they've dropped Uverse and gone with another provider, you sure hang out on the UVerse TV forums a lot!   Smiley Frustrated

Not that there's anything wrong with that....  Smiley LOL

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.