antoniog1949's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, February 20th, 2016 3:02 AM

Paying extra $10 to watch HD TV?

Why do I have to pay extra $10.00 to High Definition TV with a U200 TV package?  The package states in its definition of the program as you are selling that.:

1- Up to 200 channels,

2- Includes HD Channels and

3- content, and access to U-verse on demand programs. 

But I have to pay extra $10 to watch HD channels including my locals channels.. REALLY?

I can get free local channels with with super HD at no cost.  and based on the bill I read, you are charging my community $83 monthly for this package. and I have to pay extra $10.00 for HD. that is outrage. This is the USA and the year is 2016 where HD is a standard and NO one in the US should be paying extra for HD.   Comcast offer better service with HD included.

So I am going to talk to the representative for this rip-off and complain and to let the other residents know about this rip-off.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

8 years ago

u200.JPG

ATT.com

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

8 years ago

That's funny, what I see on the web site is:

U450 includes HD channels.

Other plans HD availability subject to $10/mo. tech fee

Can you provide a link to the page where you got your information?

Scholar

• 

375 Messages

8 years ago

I agree with You.  HD should be a NO charge item.

DirecTV does NOT charge  "NEW" customers for HD, But Nails it's OLD Customers. $ 10.00

Thier excuse is: New Customers Now pay for the First Receiver.  $ 7.00

Ever try to watch DirecTV with-OUT a TV, the DISH or a Receiver.       Ain't going to happen.

At least the First "HD" Receiver and Dish should be standard equipment.

Kinda like buying a Car, and when it won't move, the salesman says. Oh, I forgot, you need to pay for an engine.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

This is from the at&t site https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-tv/KM1045171 U-200 Package The U200 package includes the following for U-verse TV: Up to 360 digital channels Local channels Includes one HD-ready DVR receiver with Total Home DVR service Exciting sports channels 46 digital music channels Extensive On Demand Library in my account states: U-verse tv u200 * Up to 200 Channels * included HD channels and content *Access to U-verse On Demand programs the point is that . why to watch HD tv should be an option in the USA

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

8 years ago

@antoniog1949 wrote:
This is from the at&t site https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-tv/KM1045171 U-200 Package The U200 package includes the following for U-verse TV: Up to 360 digital channels Local channels Includes one HD-ready DVR receiver with Total Home DVR service Exciting sports channels 46 digital music channels Extensive On Demand Library in my account states: U-verse tv u200 * Up to 200 Channels * included HD channels and content *Access to U-verse On Demand programs the point is that . why to watch HD tv should be an option in the USA

u200x2.JPG

Yeah, I'm not seeing the Up to 200 Channels * included HD channels and content part on that page.  Am I missing it? 

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

"Yeah, I'm not seeing the Up to 200 Channels * included HD channels and content part on that page.  Am I missing it? "

What your point? what I stated is the exact text found in the page so att does not showing you the 200 channels.. so.. my point is the att states "included HD channels" but they do not tell you about which channels are supposed to be HD.  But my whole point is the whole package SHOULD be HD and and they should clarify that client are NOT getting any HD at all and NOT to use the word HD as to mislead the customers that we are getting HD and that is NOT true.  As I mentioned before even in my account att describe my package and use the word HD.   So what is the point you dont understand..   you are working for ATT and trying to avoid the point. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

8 years ago

BOTTOM LINE:  HD is included with U450 only.  Any other level of service requires an additional $10 mnth charge. 

When you add HD, you get the HD version of every channel included in your service level.

Scholar

• 

375 Messages

8 years ago

Sure does sound like you work for at&t

READ articles, HD should NOT be an option.

IT should be part of the service at NO Cost.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

"BOTTOM LINE:  HD is included with U450 only.  Any other level of service requires an additional $10 mnth charge. 

When you add HD, you get the HD version of every channel included in your service level."

THAT IS THE POINt.   why should we have to pay extra to watch HD in any package that is not the u450. especially local channels.  and why att misled in various places (my account, in various internet sites, etc)  that HD is included in U200 package by using the word "HD" when is not true.

Yeah as you said, the bottom line HD is included in u450 only and  we already know that and that was not the point.  The point once again.. we should not Have to be paying extra to watch HD in any package. You do not pay extra in comcast to watch HD. So this is the point.

Also.. if you think about it.. the $10 could have been easily been added to all the packages and really could advertise offering HD to all the packages. or adjust the prices but including the HD and let the channels for the consumers to design what they want. Most of us do not watch most of those channels anyway.. .. that will make more sense and that is the bottom line. Not having to pay a $10 to watch HD .. and stop advertising that it is being offer in any packages.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Can you get hd tv on the family plan

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.