Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more

Pausing a Live Program

Highlighted
Teacher

Pausing a Live Program

I just switched from DirecTV to U-verseTV. On DirecTV, I could pause a live program to watch a recorded one, so I could go back to the live broadcast and fast forward through the ads. That doesn't appear possible with U-verseTV since as soon as I start to watch a recorded program, the live broadcast un-pauses.

Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Thanks

Alan

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by beckyww
‎08-13-2018 8:57 AM

Re: Pausing a Live Program

UVerse provides 4 individual STREAMS.  The receiver handles one stream at a time.  If you are not recording a stream, you will lose it. 

Someone smarter than I can probably explain it better but what you see happening is what you get.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by EnglishRebel
‎08-13-2018 9:01 AM

Re: Pausing a Live Program

The live recording uses a 1-hour buffer.  You can pause but if you change the channel (which includes watching a recording) the buffer is "lost".  In uverse your best bet is just to hit the record button while watching that channel.  Then you can get back to it later.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support