Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Pausing a Live Program

Highlighted
Teacher

Pausing a Live Program

I just switched from DirecTV to U-verseTV. On DirecTV, I could pause a live program to watch a recorded one, so I could go back to the live broadcast and fast forward through the ads. That doesn't appear possible with U-verseTV since as soon as I start to watch a recorded program, the live broadcast un-pauses.

Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Thanks

Alan

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by beckyww
‎08-13-2018 8:57 AM

Re: Pausing a Live Program

UVerse provides 4 individual STREAMS.  The receiver handles one stream at a time.  If you are not recording a stream, you will lose it. 

Someone smarter than I can probably explain it better but what you see happening is what you get.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by EnglishRebel
‎08-13-2018 9:01 AM

Re: Pausing a Live Program

The live recording uses a 1-hour buffer.  You can pause but if you change the channel (which includes watching a recording) the buffer is "lost".  In uverse your best bet is just to hit the record button while watching that channel.  Then you can get back to it later.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support