stepmonster's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, July 25th, 2012 3:02 PM

Parental time controls for wi-fi -U verse 3801HGV

How ( or can ) I set up time limits for wireless access ?  Shut off at 10 pm for example ?  I have been in the settings and no where can I find this option.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

I have a soon to be 4 yo and I know I'm going to have to start worrying about these things as well.  That pic showed up on Facebook and I couldn't resist.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

This realy sucks.  I had a Wireless Linksys G 2.4 Broadband Router that I used with Earthlink and now with U-Verse I have the 2Wire 3800HGV-B system.  Can I connect them together to help me istablish the parental control, and how,  Or am I        _OL?  Maybe I should start shopping for a service that has these features availabe out of the box (maybe I should have stayed with Earthlink).  Any ideas?  Thanks,

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

@cbukhari wrote:

This realy sucks.  I had a Wireless Linksys G 2.4 Broadband Router that I used with Earthlink and now with U-Verse I have the 2Wire 3800HGV-B system.  Can I connect them together to help me istablish the parental control, and how,  Or am I        _OL?  Maybe I should start shopping for a service that has these features availabe out of the box (maybe I should have stayed with Earthlink).  Any ideas?  Thanks,

See the following post for instructions to set up your own router using the DMZPlus feature:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/U-verse-for-BUSINESS-2Wire-3600HGV-bridge-mode-or-another-AT-amp/m-p/2707755#M182

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I can't believe AT&T has not fixed this.  We also had Linksys router before and I was able to schedule turning wifi off and on and customize to individual MAC addresses (so my phone didn't have to lose wifi).   We'd all like to think our kids will make the right choice with enough encouragement, but in the end they are teenagers/children and brain development is not quite at that point.  Two out of three of my kids are reasonably good at limiting themselves but one has impulse control and just needs a reminder that it's time to shut things down and go to bed.   From previous research I understand the 2Wire systems outside of AT&T offer this.    (Dear At&T mod don't suggest, the parental controls - they are terrible and don't address the wifi issue at all).   For some reason I am not able to sister in our old router so instead I have to turn wifi off and on manually.    This is definately in the mix for weighing whether we remain with Uverse now that the promotional rate has expired.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

11 years ago

chreeds:

I am not a tech expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I am aware of being able to disable the something-something inside the 2WIRE box, you can attach an outside router to the AT&T router.

Secondly, you're more than welcome to call the sales or retention department and get another promotional offer. There is no rule that says "only one offer per person."

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi,

I use webcurfew.com is free. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.