A

• 

25.7K Messages

Thursday, July 5th, 2012 11:50 PM

Paper TV Guide

I was wondering if someone knows of a paper TV schedule guide for ATT U-verse? My mom is elderly and she really wants one she can read. She cannot operate the guide or operate the physical remote anyone has any suggestions, it would really help!

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

zoey5552 - 

You & your mother are really in a predicament. Unfortunately, there will, most likely, not be paper listings available from any source.

Titan TV on the web is great, but I realize it adds more complication, making it unusable.

Try some things in U-verse that will simplify the process.

The first thing is hide all the unnecessary channels. This is a time consuming task, but it would allow using the chan up down to scan through only the key channels.

Another way to do this is a flipper remote- easier to program up to 30 channels to allow scanning. Less daunting remote.

http://www.flipperremote.com/

The guide can be made more friendly by making the key channels favorites. Then your mother only has to call up the favorites guide. while this should be one button, it is not.

Press enter (bottom right), down arrow, ok. Then off course she has to navigate the guide & exit the guide. Maybe too complicated. Maybe your mother could learn it.

Also, try the arrow buttons surrounding the OK button & the info button. These give info on what is on the channel  & what is on next. The info can be removed with a second press of the info button & the display produced by the arrows goes away after a short timeout.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

zoey5552 - Hope you come back to the forum to see this. Good news /bad news.

Good - Att is introducing improved remote functionality.

Bad - It requires a smart phone, Tablet or ipod touch. While bad for those without one of these devices, it is probably the only way to do it.

There are a number of the apps. I am only going to describe what applies to Apple devices as listed on itunes as U-verse easy remote.

New features -
Click speak & it responds to voice,
Two font sizes - multicolors
Single CC toggle button.
Favorite channel scan.
Paired with STB - Supports multiple STBs.
Sort channel list by channel name.

Note that this post is based only on what appears in the itunes description/ att user manual for U-verse easy remote, but it sure does sound good for a lot of applications.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.