PC channel guide

Teacher

PC channel guide

ATT has changed the pc channel guide (again) and its the worst yet.  Can't set favorite channels & its become a large print version so it takes up even more space.

Message 1 of 34 (2,733 Views)

Re: PC channel guide

I just tested and I have two vastly different channel selection screens.  The one through Yahoo still allows setting favorites.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 16 of 34 (2,355 Views)
Mentor

this crappy guide just showed up for me today. the link provided dosn't go back to the old view. this is CRAP!!!!!

Message 17 of 34 (1,687 Views)
Tutor

My old link went away today as well. I spent 45 minutes chatting with someone in AT&T support who finally said there "might be" an update in the future. The lack of favorites is a major, major flaw and has been there for months. Until today, I could access the old site, slow as it was. Interestingly, on the Android AT&T app, my favorites show but the dang screen is too small to be very useful.

Message 18 of 34 (1,661 Views)
ACE - Master

doctorjlt wrote:

My old link went away today as well. I spent 45 minutes chatting with someone in AT&T support who finally said there "might be" an update in the future. The lack of favorites is a major, major flaw and has been there for months. Until today, I could access the old site, slow as it was. Interestingly, on the Android AT&T app, my favorites show but the dang screen is too small to be very useful.

What I would do is Ito send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.  Chances are that a chat or phone rep has no direct access to send a suggestion up the "management food chain" but the escalation team should put a manager in touch with you and forward that on up.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 34 (1,652 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

I was posting on this thread last year re: the change in the channel guide and somebody gave me a link that worked very well for a whole year,,,,took me right back to the old channel guide that was actually USEFUL. This worked up until today when the channel guide changed back to the unuseful one,  Can't set favorite channels and who has all day to scroll through the whole thing, I just want my old channel guide back!!! Fix it ATT.

Message 20 of 34 (1,616 Views)
Mentor

why is it showing community accepted the solution when it's clearly not fixed.

The new guide is not user friendly, please change it back or hire new people who know design.

Message 21 of 34 (1,592 Views)
Tutor

FIX THIS PLEASE  

It is Awful

Message 22 of 34 (1,516 Views)
Mentor

More people need to contact att on social media to have this fixed.
Message 23 of 34 (1,507 Views)
Mentor

@ATTCustomerCare on twitter
Message 24 of 34 (1,506 Views)
Mentor

Yep, this is awful. About 1/3 as many channels visible, no favorites. When I'd do a search before (say for something I don't remember if I've set up to record or not), it would show what was to be recorded, but not now. Scheduled doesn't separate Series from individual shows. The old system was fantastic, especially since they've made it almost impossible to do this on the TV any more, but now nothing works well.

And we need to use social media to get heard?? What about this, AT&Ts actual forum, doesn't it count?

I shouldn't worry about it. I'm moving to a new house in a couple months, and will use that time to change my TV/Internet supplier. I used to have TiVo, and accepted that U-Verse was still young yet, but I can see it's not getting better, it's getting worse.

Message 25 of 34 (1,466 Views)
ACE - Expert

Scheduled for me shows each individual show to record whether a series or one-time recording. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 26 of 34 (1,426 Views)
Contributor

They have now put the new tv guide in for San Diego area subscribers.

IT IS AWFUL!

I want the old one back but the URL listed above only takes me to the new guide.

RETURN THE OLD GUIDE OR FIX THE NEW ONE.

Message 27 of 34 (1,369 Views)
ACE - Master

shaee wrote:

why is it showing community accepted the solution when it's clearly not fixed.

The new guide is not user friendly, please change it back or hire new people who know design.

The community accepted solution is a bit of misnomer - it generally does not mean that an issue has been solved.  It is generally the most reasonable / factual answer,  If you are the original poster, you can mark that reply as "Not the solution" under Post Options.

If you think that the online Guide "improvement" was bad, I'm surprised that you are not complaining about these forums.  The redesign here is hideous! Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 34 (1,356 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

"not the solution" is not an option for me.. and yes, the new forums design is crap too.

Message 29 of 34 (1,347 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

dhascall wrote:

doctorjlt wrote:

What I would do is Ito send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.  Chances are that a chat or phone rep has no direct access to send a suggestion up the "management food chain" but the escalation team should put a manager in touch with you and forward that on up.

when i click that link, the send button  doesn't work (on the message page) when trying to message customer care when using firefox or ie

Message 30 of 34 (1,341 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.