For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
bigtvwatcher's profile

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

Monday, June 26th, 2017 9:45 PM

Closed

Is the Olympic Channel on U-verse TV?

I saw where the new Olympic Channel from NBC Universal will be debuting next month.  It listed some providers that were going to be carrying this new channel and I saw AT&T DirecTV listed and DirecTV Now listed, but not U-Verse.  So that means I have to switch from U-Verse to DirecTV to get this new channel?  As a big sports fan, I refuse to do that and I will be leaving AT&T altogether if they are not making this channel available on U-Verse as well.  If I have to go through the inconvienence of switching providers, you can bet your bottom dollar that it will not be to another AT&T entity.  And while I'm at it, I will also switch my intenet and voice services away from AT&T as well.  So I hope for their sake that they provide this channel to U-Verse subscribers and do not leave us out in the cold.  Because I know they wouldn't want to lose a customer like me that spends over 300 bucks a month on their services.

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

A quote from this article:

Comcast says the Olympic Channel will carried on Comcast’s Digital Preferred tier. Phillip Swan over at the TV Answerman site says AT&T U-Verse and DirecTV will carry the network at launch date but it’s not clear on which tier it would be. DirecTV has Universal HD on its HD Extra Pack package, but it’s unlikely that the Olympic Channel would be placed on that tier.

[bold emphasis mine]

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

7 years ago

Dodged a bullet

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Yeah, but depending on the perspective who was holding the gun! Man LOL

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.