For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
2marro's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, March 8th, 2015 1:01 AM

Not able to watch xfinity NASCAR race today?

Couldn't watch NASCAR race today because of? Politics between xfinity and ATT? Hello, you broke my contract. I didn't pay u not to have what I'm suppose to be able to watch. You have been naughty and that's not nice. All NASCAR fans are a ( Let's say a little upset) . How about all you NASCAR fans change to xfinity. Att broke their contract with us today..........

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

9 years ago

@2marro wrote:
Couldn't watch NASCAR race today because of? Politics between xfinity and ATT? Hello, you broke my contract. I didn't pay u not to have what I'm suppose to be able to watch. You have been naughty and that's not nice. All NASCAR fans are a ( Let's say a little upset) . How about all you NASCAR fans change to xfinity. Att broke their contract with us today..........

AT&T has not broken any contracts.  It's FS1 that is demanding more money while they are already under an agreement with AT&T.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

AT&T should Sponser the races. Now, that's a thought!

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@2marro wrote:

Where'd you get the idea it was a fight between ATT and Comcrap's Infinity?

It's that FS1 is demanding additional $$ for programming they got after they rebranded from Speed.  Affects some Infinity races, Big East sports, US Open golf. 

So, FS1 is sending a special feed to Uverse sustituting darts for all these affected programs.

Why would I go to Infinity, here in metro Detroit they don't have FS2 in any form, or FXMovies and no MeTV, all channels I watch/record.  Then they only have TVLand, GAC and Sundance only in SD.  No thanks. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Was not happy could not watch the race they better get this fixed

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

They don't get this fixed I'm going to have to maybe find someone else who airs the race

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I'm so angry I think I will short ATT stock! It's got to nose dive with this kind og managment skills.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

A little history lesson:

In 2013, Fox re-branded SPEED CHANNEL to become FOX SPORTS 1.  According to a report in the San Francisco Examiner, FOX offered cable providers the option of maintaining fee structure under the then-existing agreement between FOX and the providers with the proviso that FOX SPORTS 1 would surcharge those providers when live events were telecast; or, cable providers could enter into a new fee agreement with FOX for ALL events on FOX SPORTS 1.

Under the SPEED CHANNEL agreement option, cable providers would only have access to programming already offered by SPEED CHANNEL; any new live programming on FOX SPORTS 1 would result in an additional fee - hence the dispute over XFINITY series/Big East basketball/etc.

Since the NATIONWIDE (now XFINITY) series was on ESPN until the 2015 season, there was no issue.  XFINITY qualifying which had been on SPEED CHANNEL prior to FOX SPORTS 1 remained a televised event on U-verse under the SPEED CHANNEL agreement.

AT&T knew what it was doing when it chose to remain with the SPEED CHANNEL agreement until it expired then enter into a new agreement with FOX at the higher rate for FOX SPORTS 1 and 2.  What AT&T didn't know or anticipate was that FOX would win the rights to the XFINITY series and would elect to air those races on both FOX and FOX SPORTS 1 or 2 at its' discretion.  This put AT&T in the position of "paying the piper" for XFINITY series/Big East basketball or cry "foul" and hope its' subscribers didn't dig too deep into the issue.  Clearly, AT&T guessed wrong but either won't or can't admit a disasterous business mistake. 

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@oldguy4001 Where's the link for that?  Believe me I never read anything like that when, before or after, the re-branding about that partictular fact.  Don't honestly believe FS1 would offer a deal like that and ATT would make a deal like that. Smiley Surprised

Edit:  Why is the Infinity race being shown on the Fox locals, if new to FS1?  Cause Fox locals pay the fee for Fox programming whatever it might be and can't block it there. 

Seems FS1 want to black out on Uverse any live sports program that never was on any Fox channel before.  Hinting at MLS and USA National team soccer too.

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

http://www.examiner.com/article/fox-sports-1-another-dispute-this-time-with-at-t-u-verse

"

Some history: When Fox converted its former Speed channel to FS1, system operators who already had deals to carry Speed were given the choice of either riding out the remainder of their original agreement or signing a new deal with FS1. Many of them chose to stick to their existing agreement to save money. Speed was priced at about 24 cents per subscriber per month. FS1 has reportedly asked for 80 cents per sub per month, inflating to $1.50 over time. But sticking with the less costly deal involves a catch: Fox can charge additional carriage fees for sports programming that wouldn’t have aired on Speed.

Therefore U-Verse continues to carry FS1, but Fox can black out high-profile events on U-Verse if AT&T won’t pony up for them."

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

FOX is in the process of building FOX SPORTS 1 and 2 to compete favorably with ESPN/NBCSN/and whatever CBS calls its' cable sports channel.  It is reasonable to expect FOX Sports will move some events from the FOX local to FS1 or FS2 to draw viewers and enhance the ratings of both channels.  Ratings equal advertising revenue so it makes sense for FOX to use all the tools in its' arsenal.  Note that 9 Sprint Cup races are scheduled for FS1 beginning with Martinsville so the issue is only going to become more intense.  Remember that FOX local stations are "over-the-air" so anyone with the proper equipment can receive the signal w/o being a cable subscriber; that limits FOX Sports ability to "bully" cable providers by creating "black-out" situations such as being experienced with XFINITY/Big East basketball.

I can't fault FOX for doing what it right for its' income stream - as the Examiner article pointed out - AT&T made the bed, now it has to sleep in it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.