Explore & discover

Helpful Links

No more uverse tv?

Highlighted
Contributor

No more uverse tv?

I try to order U-verse television but there is no option for that. Only for DirecTV which would cost me $300 deposit which I cannot afford. Why wasn't I told when I signed up for a contract for Internet for 1year. That II would not have an option to upgrade to television other than just for DirecTV? Which like I already said would cost me $300 deposit. I was not aware you would know longer have U-verse television. My question is since I cannot afford to upgrade to television ever during my contract may I cancel my contract without any termination fees? And if you say I must pay the termination fees then [Edited to comply with Guidelines]since you did not tell me the only option to upgrade was only to DirecTV and not U-verse television. Please respond to my question as soon as possible thank you!

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Professor

Re: No more uverse tv?

This is a user forum so you won't get a response from att. The social media group does respond sometimes. When you try to add tv services, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. Uverse tv options are at the bottom of the list. If you still don't see uverse tv, click see all bundles or see all. The uverse tv options are there. You just have to dig to find them.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Employee
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎11-25-2015 6:58 AM

First, not all addresses that qualify for internet also qualify for Uverse IPTV service.

About 33 million addresses can have both and 24 million addresses can have internet (ADSL2+) but not Uverse TV service (VDSL/FTTP).

If your best internet speed available is less than Max Plus 18 (Basic .75, Express 1.5, Pro 3, Elite 6, or Max 12 is best) then ADSL2+. DirecTv is only AT&T option for TV service on ADSL2+.

If your best is 18, very close to source could be ADSL2+ or long loop VDSL.

If you best internet available is Max Turbo 24, Power 45 or Power Plus 75 then Uverse TV service is available.

Second, the push for those that can have Uverse IPTV is skewed to DirecTv but the option is available just have to dig into website.

For current Uverse bundle promotions...

https://www.att.com/shop/u-verse/offerdetails.html

The Uverse IPTV promotions are for single TV with standard channels (SD)

For u200, u300 add $10 for HD, U450 includes HD

each additional TV needs a receiver add $9 per TV.

Promotion pricing do not include....

RG equipment fee $7, local broadcast fee $3.99, any local franchise fee (city video), or sales taxes for state/county. Generally add $20-$25 to cover these below line fees.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Professor

If I go into my account to change my plan, Directv is not even offered. I wonder if that is because I am an existing customer with Uverse TV?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Expert

@Phoenixscorpio   Did you see a link to 'show 6 more plans'?  3 of those 6 would be Uverse TV.

Went in thru another link by state/city and only Uverse TV came up, no DirecTV, as much of the area is covered. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support