eleonora1110's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 29th, 2016 9:51 PM

No classical music channel?!?!?!?

How is it possible that the extensive and diverse selection of music channels in the U-Verse package - which includes Hits from Poland, Punjabi music and just about anything you could think of - does not include a single channel with classical music? [and Classic Rock or Classic Country doesn't qualify]. 

In its headquarters city of Dallas, AT&T invested heavily in the "AT&T Performing Arts Center", a $345-million multi-venue center in the Dallas Arts District for performance of opera, musical theater, classic and experimental theater, etc. And you can't provide a single classical music channel to your customers?

Please tell me that you can remediate this unforgivable omission.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

8 years ago

@eleonora1110  The Classical choices are available on the Stingray App (not the channels).

Use the Go Interactive button on your remote to access the Stingray Music App. 

Go to All Interactive and then the Stingray Music tile.  Tab across until you find the Classical screen with 5 sub-categories of "Baroque" (Bach, Vivaldi, Handel),  "Classic Masters" (Beethoven, Dutoiti, etc.),  "Pop Classics" in addition to "Chamber Music" and "Opera Plus".   

Granted it seems to be hidden but I knew it was there.  It's between Jazz & World Music (at least on my TV that's where it is).  Personally, I think they put the more popular music genres on the easily accessed channels and hid Classicals among the apps. Smiley Sad

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear they have not ignored these genres. On the other hand, this is good news/bad news. The good news is what you reported. The bad news is that my 90 year old mom [I'm writing on her behalf - she's minimally tech savvy] would never be able to follow the sequence of steps you outlined to reach this music. She struggles to enter a 4-digit channel on her remote. I don't suppose there is an easy shortcut that can be set up?

AT&T/Stingray, any chance you could move these options to a straightforward channel number and make an elderly lady's day?

Thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

8 years ago

I can see how accessing that option would be an issue. 

Unfortunately there is no way to create a shortcut.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for this information. I was so mad when I saw that there were no longer any classical music channels, that I got online to see who I could complain to about it. It did not occur to me to check the app because I never use any of them. There should really be a message on there saying that additional music channels are available becuase I'll bet most people have no idea.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

There is an easier way to access the Stingray app without having to use the Go Interactive button. Channel 531 or 1531 takes you directly to the app. When you click OK, it goes to the last music channel you listened to (even it it was a classical one that had no direct channel number). If you can add either 531 or 1531 to a Favorites List, you can get to a classical station with three clicks.  

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

Have you looked into the Amazon Echo.  It will play any music you want just by asking it to play what you want to.  I am also a senior and this was given to me by my neice for Christmas and I love it. I have yet to find a song it could not pay.  It works best with Amazon Prime and music unlimited.  It also works with Pandora, I heart, and spotfly.  It also can provide new, weather and can read kindle books.  You may not want to pay extra for the service so check it out and see if that is something that will help.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

7 years ago

@junasie14 wrote:

There is an easier way to access the Stingray app without having to use the Go Interactive button. Channel 531 or 1531 takes you directly to the app. When you click OK, it goes to the last music channel you listened to (even it it was a classical one that had no direct channel number). If you can add either 531 or 1531 to a Favorites List, you can get to a classical station with three clicks.  

Hi @junasie14.  Have you tried the iHeart Radio app, channel 532/1532?  There is an on-screen instruction on how to set up an account and activate it.  I did a cursory search for classical and it netted 28 results.  Most were Public radio stations but some did say Classical music, which may mean that they are an HD2 or HD3 and those tend to play classical, 24/7.  Good luck but I MUCH prefer the free iHeart app through U-Verse over Stingray.  Like Stingray the iHeart app requires U-Verse High Speed Internet.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.