For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Laketime's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 21st, 2019 3:18 PM

No Signal message

I hit some wrong buttons and now the tv isn’t recognizing the cable remote and the screen says:  No Signal Please check the power of the device and cable connection status, or press the “input icon on the tv remote” on the remote to change to another input.

The tv is not communicating with the cable box.  Any ideas?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Yes, do what it says, i.e., check your input section on the tv,  Your tv has some kind of menu to select among it's possible inputs (e.g., something like HDMI1, HDMI2, component, antenna, etv.).  Whatever HDMI port you have the dvr/receiver plugged into is the one to select.  Use your tv's own remote to do that rather than the att remote.  Consult your tv's owner manual on input selection.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

5 years ago

@_xyzzy_ wrote:

Yes, do what it says, i.e., check your input section on the tv,  Your tv has some kind of menu to select among it's possible inputs (e.g., something like HDMI1, HDMI2, component, antenna, etv.).  Whatever HDMI port you have the dvr/receiver plugged into is the one to select.  Use your tv's own remote to do that rather than the att remote.  Consult your tv's owner manual on input selection.

I have also rebooted the boxes, both DVR and regular boxes, and the signal comes back. You could also try a new HDMI cord. There is always the possibility of a short in your cord.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.