Curumo4's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 19th, 2013 4:20 AM

No Signal/Blue screen. HELP!

Hello. I have been having these problems about once a month or so, and now it's around at least once a day. 

So, I turn on my T.V, and it says that my signal has been lost. So, I reset the cable box. (Holding the button, unplugging it, Etc.) Then I check my two other T.V's. One is working (The one with the main box.) and two aren't. I reset it, it gives me three dots on the screen, and than it says No Signal. After a little bit of that, it goes to a blue screen with "AT&T U-verse" in the middle, and a white spinning circle in the bottom left. It spins like that from 10 minutes to an hour, before finally saying "Error, client failed" or something like that, and than I try it again, and again, and again. To no avail. This is the second box I have. (I ordered another one in because of this same reason.) and I have called AT&T support countless amount of times. I have no idea what to do, but this is very frustrating. 

-Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Curumo4 - If your boxes are connected coax you could have any of these problems -
Loose connection
ends are not compression fittings
barrel connector patching cable together
cable bent too tight
bad splitter
bad diplexer
cable connected to wrong port on splitter or diplexer

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Do you have any tips or anything to help me fix these problems or figure out which one it is?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Curumo4 - Look for compression fittings - the sleeve is about an inch long.

Check each fitting for looseness by turning.
Look for connectors or bends where yoy can see the cable.
determine where each connection on the dilplexer or splitter goes. Can you describe your network?

Isolate individual legs.

Is the DVR near the RG? Cab you connect just the DVR via cat5 & see how it works?

You can eliminate diplexer and splitter by one direct connection using a barrel connector.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.