JohnHi's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, April 1st, 2015 6:00 PM

No CBS On Demand

I am very disapointed in AT&T since they do not have a contract with CBS to broadcast CBS On Demand.  A great salesman convinced me to switch from Comcast to AT&T saying that they had all the same features and more.  What a lie now.  Why are only a few states have access to CBS ON Demand?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@JohnHi wrote:

I am very disapointed in AT&T since they do not have a contract with CBS to broadcast CBS On Demand.  A great salesman convinced me to switch from Comcast to AT&T saying that they had all the same features and more.  What a lie now.  Why are only a few states have access to CBS ON Demand?

Only in these markets per ATT's agreement w/CBS:

CBS O&O Markets

Baltimore: WJZ-TV (channel 13)
Boston: WBZ-TV (channel 4)
Chicago: WBBM-TV (channel 2)
Detroit: WWJ-TV (channel 62)
Denver: KCNC-TV (channel 4)
Fort Worth: KTVT (channel 11)
Los Angeles: KCBS-TV (channel 2)
Miami: WFOR-TV (channel 4)
Minneapolis: WCCO-TV (channel 4)
New York City: WCBS-TV (channel 2)
Philadelphia: KYW-TV (channel 3)
Pittsburgh: KDKA-TV (channel 2)
San Francisco: KPIX (channel 5)
Stockton, California: KOVR (channel 13)

Although some users in other markets have posted they have CBS VOD through their individual stations or station groups. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

5 years ago

A solution is to subscribe to CBS all access if you have a streaming player.  You have two options one with commercials for 5.99 per month or one without commercials for 9.99 per month.  You receive more programs then you would get if they had it on demand.  It is worth the fee to me.  So check it out and see if it is something you world find worth the fee.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@JohnHi wrote:

I hope that great salesman gave you that in writing.

CBS apparently only offers On Demand in areas where CBS owns and operates the stations (CBS O&O)  That has been CBS's call since U-Verse's inception, in 2007.  I do not expect that to change.  CBS's website has most of the shows, available that way.  Maybe your TV has an HDMI in port, so you could hook a computer to it?

See this thread.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

AT&T is a big rip off...waiting for my year to end ...biggest waste of time and money..

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.