deeme_1's profile

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, July 20th, 2013 3:41 PM

New to Universe...Not happy about the no TV "Reminder" feature, no Clock feature

First of all... I'm not happy that I've had to type this 3 times before getting to this point!  Why does everything disappear?

Next... we just signed up for Universe (bundle package) Monday the 15th & there are some things we DO NOT LIKE! .....

1.  Why can't we set the TV to start at #1004?  Why does it have to start at 1, when we only watch HD channels?  We do not enjoy typing in 1004 every single time.  Is there a way to change the start channel in the menu?

2.  Where is the REMINDER feature?  No one wants to record everything...this is ridiculous!

3.  No "Clock" feature?  We really miss that!  Still room for improvement, for sure!

Do you every "ask" your customers what features they'd like to see for the services "they pay for"?  I would be happy to help!

Other than those issues, we are enjoying our new AT&T bundle services!  ThX!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

As far the clock, many complain about the light produced by the three small LEDs on the front of the device now.  I can't imagine the complaints about the light from 3 or 4 7 segment display digits.  Many of the menu screens do have a clock on them.  This was a minor nit for us because our previous DVR did have one, but we got over it pretty quickly.

You are far from the first to ask about a reminder feature.  However, the DVR recording feature is the logical extension of the reminder feature, because the reminder feature can't help you when you get stuck in traffic or something else keeps you from the TV other than your memory.

My STB/DVR always resumes from where it was last watched.  I don't know why yours is returning to 1.  One thing you can do is hide channels you don't want to watch ( Menu > Options > Channel Options > Hide Channels ).

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Ok, now the Reply button is here.... it wasn't before, as well as the Color feature is now gone!  Must be someone is tweaking?  Anyhow.... my Reply is below:

1.  Clock...... Yes, your DVR is very small, which isn't a bad thing, except the Clock feature might be too much for it!  However, the option would be a plus for some of us who have enjoyed it from TWC.

2.  Reminder feature.... We have to interest in "recording" something when we only want to be Reminded when a show is coming on a few days or even a month down the road when it is coming on!   (I don't appreciate having my memory insulted!!!!!!! ...... Life prevents many people from remembering every single thing 100% of the time!)

3.  DVR channel start number:  You must have a much better DVR than we do.  Have you tried to Hide Channels??????????????  Not much fun & very time consuming to say the least!  There is no place to type in a channel... you have to Page Down repeatly.... try starting at 1 & go into the 3,000 channels & see how your wrist feels! 

Note:  Still room for impovements & again..... AT&T should "ask" their customers what they want.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

I don't think the Rich Text Editor in the reply window is the same one as in the original post window.  That's why the color is gone.  Can't explain why you didn't have a Reply button earlier, though

I'm not sure what you mean by " don't appreciate having my memory insulted!!!!!!!"  Is this in response to "something else keeps you from the TV other than your memory"?  I mean, what's the point of a "reminder" feature other than to refresh your memory.  I mean no insult; I have no room to disparage anyone's memory.

No, my DVR probably runs the same software yours does.  Using the Hide feature is mind-numbingly tedious.  However, you don't have to do it often.  Once you've gone through and hidden the channels, they stay hid.  The only problem is when AT&T gives you more channels, and you have to go hide them.

AT&T does periodic surveys of its customers, usually community members, to ask their opinion on stuff, so you've come to the right place.  I can't promise that your post will necessarily make its way to the AT&T decision makers or get you any official response, but AT&T employees do read these posts.  My reason for replying was just to offer up a view from another U-verse customer and offer the hint about hiding channels.

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi deeme,

We thank you for your input, and I can say that your request do not go on deaf ears.

When it comes to the start channel the only true way to change it is with the method jeffermc by hiding the channels you don't want. Another way to go about it is by pulling up the guide, pressing the enter/zoom button on the bottom right of your remote, and then going to Channel Shortcuts and choosing the option best for you. This is not a permanent change though.

With the reminder feature, unfortunately, we currently do not have this option, but look forward to seeing what can be done about that. There are a lot of things that go on in the background when it comes to adding a feature, which involve all kinds of aspects, not just programming it in.

Finally, with the clock, with the STB provider and models we selected, they provide some benefits, including a much lower cost for full Total Home, HD, DVR features, then some of our other competitors, but unfortunately, it does not have a front LCD display.

We are always updating and trying to offer new and innovative features to our service and take all of our customers' input into these decisions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I would love to see the "Set Reminder" feature added sooner rather than later.  It would be lovely if U-verse operated the same as competitors.  

Just having a reminder for every show one would like to see throughout the evening is not enough.  The channel needs to change without user intervention.

Thank you!!!

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@Hel_0823 wrote:

I would love to see the "Set Reminder" feature added sooner rather than later.  It would be lovely if U-verse operated the same as competitors.  

Just having a reminder for every show one would like to see throughout the evening is not enough.  The channel needs to change without user intervention.

Thank you!!!

@Hel_0823   Welp, U-Verse (or Universe as the OP calls it) has never had a reminder feature and probably never will.  I never had a reminder feature with Comcast, when I left in 2008.  The one thing that did happen was when both tuners (yep, all two of them) were going to be engaged, it gave a "two minute warning" but the user still had to tell it what to do (stay on channel x or watch a recording).  It would be nice if they offered something like that.  I had drawn up of such a screen that would let you choose a channel to tune to when you get the "all streams are in use" error.  I have had the service for 6 years and don't see any such feature forthcoming.  That being said, there will be folks who will complain that they never would use such a feature - so no one wins,.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.