For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
monica26's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 4th, 2014 3:35 PM

New to U-verse

Is there a way to search programs by date more generally?  For example, if I want to see what is coming on on Thurs and it's Monday, what is the most effecient way to do that? 

- Not searching forward through guide until you get to the future date you want. This takes forever

- Also NOT entering a specific date and time because it is too specific and I have no idea what I might want to record on Thurs, until I see what's available.

I am a previous Tivo user.  As much as I like the price of Uverse as opposed to cable, I really hate that uverse is not compatible with Tivo . Tivo has a much much better (more user friendly, super easy to navigate) DVR.  

Suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

monica26 - 

Re: Not searching forward through guide until you get to the future date you want. This takes forever

If you press the ENTER/ZOOM button (bottom right of the number pad) while the guide is displayed - the first selection at the top of the menu is jump ahead. click on that & select a day within the next two weeks.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@monica26 wrote:

Is there a way to search programs by date more generally?  For example, if I want to see what is coming on on Thurs and it's Monday, what is the most effecient way to do that? 

- Not searching forward through guide until you get to the future date you want. This takes forever

You can skip ahead, one full day by pressing FF on the remote, while in Guide.  Say you are on Monday at 8 PM, you can jump to Thursday at 8 PM by pressing >> four times.

- Also NOT entering a specific date and time because it is too specific and I have no idea what I might want to record on Thurs, until I see what's available.

I think @aviewer answered that.

I am a previous Tivo user.  As much as I like the price of Uverse as opposed to cable, I really hate that uverse is not compatible with Tivo . Tivo has a much much better (more user friendly, super easy to navigate) DVR.  

Tivo is a patented technology.  Many cable/TV companies have tried to strike a deal with them, to incorporate Tivo like features into their own DVR's.  No one has been allowed the honor.   U-Verse uses a client called Mediaroom.  Ericsson now owns it and has promissed a better interface.  Will AT&T utilize it?  Who knows?  Welcome! Don't be a stranger on the forums.

Suggestions?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.