New on demand Format

Mentor

New on demand Format

[ Edited ]

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Message 1 of 301 (22,102 Views)
Expert

Re: New On Demand does not work on XBOX

No responses there either.

Message 151 of 301 (2,581 Views)
Voyager

Re: New On Demand format HORRIBLE! Houston

Looks like AT&T fixed the software as the On Demand now is fast. Just about as fast as the old software. Hope it stays this way. I'm in Nevada - not sure how other areas are affected. Just noticed it today, so the fix must have been over night.

Message 152 of 301 (2,516 Views)
Scholar

Yea i noticed some of the ondemand programs were blank so they must have updated the software i did reboot my receiver it is faster the techs must have heard the complaints .
Message 153 of 301 (2,510 Views)
Expert

Yes, I rebooted my receivers.  On Demand and search now seem as fast as they were before the change.

Message 154 of 301 (2,487 Views)
Voyager

Re: New on demand Format Sucks

I just saw it today, here in Michigan. I do not like it either. I can barely see it. Everything seems so dark, it is hard to choose.. I will probably downgrade to a lower package now since On Demand seems to be useless..... .
Message 155 of 301 (2,483 Views)
Tutor

User Interface Now Unacceptably Slow

1) The On Demand interface:

Annoying, unintuitive, and nearly useless. Not to mention EXCRUCIATINGLY SLOW.

2) "More Showtimes" feature

Looks the same, EVENTUALLY, but I used to get results in one or two seconds. Now it takes THREE TO FIVE MINUTES. Also, if I select a showtime result to record, other results on the same channel are also red-dotted. (If I wait long enough.)

3) Searching for scheduled shows by title

Still looks the same, but now PAINFULLY SLOW.

4) Is it my imagination, or does the OK button now ignore my first five or ten presses? And then it's SLOW when it finally gets the message.

Why would you (ATT UVerse) do this? Do you have too many customers, and you need to get rid of about 90% of them? If so, you're on the right track.

I left comcast several years ago, and I have been very pleased with UVerse up until now. TV quality and Internet speed and reliability are still and have always been excellent. But this latest change is HIGHLY FRUSTRATING, especially in light of RECENT INCREASES IN MONTHLY CHARGES.

It was great the way it was. If you can't fix it, PLEASE just put it back.

- Mike

Message 156 of 301 (2,506 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: User Interface Now Unacceptably Slow

!. After your first right arrow, look on lower left border for 3 icons, bottom one will turn it back into a list view.

2. All searching and more showtimes have been sent to ATT for investigation and hopefully fixing. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 157 of 301 (2,501 Views)
Tutor

mibrnsurg wrote:

!. After your first right arrow, look on lower left border for 3 icons, bottom one will turn it back into a list view.

2. All searching and more showtimes have been sent to ATT for investigation and hopefully fixing. Smiley Wink

Chris

Thanks, Chris. Already read several posts here and tried out the list view. It's still about one full minute per selection, which means up to five minutes before I can view the Info for a show and decided if I want to start it. But yes, it's better than the icon view.

As for the other features, and the overall sluggishness - I hope it gets corrected soon, or backed out. It was fine the way it was.

Thanks for your response!

Message 158 of 301 (2,495 Views)
ACE - Professor

I agree. It's painfully slow. It shouldn't seem like a minute wait and multiple "please wait. loading..." screens to get to play an on demand movie. I did hear a version 2.2 of the software is coming which supposedly fixes upwards of 100 things. *hopes and prays* http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28315854-New-Set-Top-Box-firmware-rollout
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 159 of 301 (2,477 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

I stay in the free section and have absolutely no delay.  The On demand came up in 6 seconds, can right arrow into Primetime and go down to the various Networks easily. 

I have rebooted my 2250 once after the new apps downloaded and it started going faster after I did that (wasn't that slow b4).  Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 160 of 301 (2,470 Views)
Scholar

The new ondemand does not bother as it does other people life to short to be angry over a small feature plus i have Netflix and Amazon Prime that's enough for me .
Message 161 of 301 (2,381 Views)
Tutor

Re: New on demand Format Sucks

That still doesn't fix the main problem which is that the entire new system is incredibly SLOW. I get the rolling wheel of death in the lower right-hand corner for each selection and it takes 20-30 seconds for each new page to load. Given ATT's access to high tech, you would think you could do a better job than this!
Message 162 of 301 (2,258 Views)
Tutor

Re: Recent changes to guide / search / on demand / stupid rotaing circle USELESS & SLOW!!!!!

ATT's new "interactive" GUI makes me think that they grabbed some recent graduate of a third-world tech school and asked him to create new menus for his final exam. Then they rolled out his attempt without any QA testing. With all the brilliant programmers in the world, you'd think they could come up with something better than this crap. I'm just waiting for my TV screen to display the BSOD now.
Message 163 of 301 (2,255 Views)
Tutor

VOD slow speed problem fixed

I have read almost all the complaints in this thread and have to agree with most of them. However, I got an actual (native English-speaking) person to call me to fix the problem. The fix was drastic ... a full reformatting of the drive ... but it actually worked! The On Demand screens load very fast, the Search feature works again, etc. etc. I lost the programs I had recorded but I still have the settings for future recordings. The settings for favorite channels and hidden channels are all still there, too. So, I lost a few shows, but I'm sure I can find them again. This is how I did it: 1. I sent a complaint via "Private Message" at this URL: https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773 2. I got an email back from someone within 15 minutes. 3. I sent the ATT person the info he requested and asked him to call me to discuss the problem. (BTW - you have to be at home, with the TV to be able to do all the following.) 4. He called me within a half hour. 5. I described all my problems (slow page loading, search not working, prompts from remote not being recognized). 6. He asked to do a "Disaster Recovery Reboot". OK. It took about 5 minutes to cycle through. 7. After the Disaster Recovery Reboot, nothing had changed. He then asked if I would like to try a full reformatting of the drive. He explained that I would lose recorded shows. I figured I could find the recorded shows again, so I said OK. 8. He initiated the full reformat. It takes about 15 minutes to cycle through. I asked the guy to call me back in a half hour to see if the reformatting helped. He said OK. 9. After many screen changes and reboots, restarts, I ended up with a screen that showed the ATT VOD logo and it said to press OK to start VOD. I pressed OK. 10. Amazingly, the screens loaded much, much more quickly! (I am using the list view; not the poster view.) 11. The ATT guy called back and I went through some pages with him on the phone. I told him that it was all good, but to please tell management that I still HATE the new menus. 12. Depending on your remote, you may have to press the "ATT" button to get the remote to view live TV again. I'm just happy that, for once, a customer service fix actually worked. Good luck for all of you who want to try this. Of course I can't guarantee that everything will work out for you, but it's worth a try.
Message 164 of 301 (2,237 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: VOD slow speed problem fixed

THe "More showtimes" feature still seems very slow.  VOD is fast one time and crawling the next.  It does sound like that AT&T is at least trying.

Message 165 of 301 (2,192 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that!

Click here to check it out or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. You can quickly and easily resolve your service woes!

You will also find some helpful articles below.

Additional Support