disankey's profile

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 2:53 PM

New on demand Format

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I sell software for a living so I've seen the good, bad, and ugly of interfaces...the new Uverse OnDeman interface is the worst I've ever encountered, bar none. A relatively simple process of selecting an On Demand show has become so incredibly time-consuming and cumbersome, that I've nearly stopped using it altogether and have begun simply using HBO Go on my iPad.  Not only does it take longer to find and load a program, once you finally get general vicinity of the program you are hoping to watch, there are nearly no or very cryptic identifiers...if  you choose the wrong option, you have to start the whole darned process over again.  Words cannot express how much I hate the new interface, and I am very seriously thinking about switching back to Direct TV.  AT&T, please..., don't reinvent the wheel, the previous process was fine, if a little dated, but if you have to make a change, take a note from Apple TV, Netflix, HBO Go, Amazon Prime, etc., and make the process very, very simple, with little loading, and very few clicks...please stop wasting my time, this is ridiculous.  On Demand has become a nearly worthless and unusable feature of Uverse. 

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

@lpollitt wrote:

I sell software for a living so I've seen the good, bad, and ugly of interfaces...the new Uverse OnDeman interface is the worst I've ever encountered, bar none.

Someone doesn't remember Microsoft Bob.

Mentor

• 

51 Messages

11 years ago

My whole family complains about the On Demand interface every time they go to it. I now watch all my On Demand on the iPad, which has a very good Netflix-like interface (altho it aborts frequently and has some User Interface issues).

I am so sorry now that I committed to 12 more months of AT&T uverse in order to get a reduced rate. I did that before the new On Demand interface...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Please offer us the option of on demand without the very very very very very slow and cumbersome new on demand format.  I have avoided using on demand because of this interface.  I called AT&T Uverse today and the rep said she had not heard ANY complaints about the new interface.  Huh.

I guess it helps people that cant read and have plenty of time to wait after each remote command is entered. I went from 6mbps to 12mbps and it is still slow slow slow slow slow slow slow slow.

I spent the time to call and sign into this community just to complain about this.   

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

It is much slower even in the list view. My memory load is 85% or more now. This is with only the dvr on atm.

The main thing I dislike is that I can't go to live tv and then back to OD and have the show start playing instantly, like it did before the update.

Now it takes me back to the main menu when I go back to OD. A real pain. 8-(

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

I guess we're going to have to put up with it or change providers. However, I've heard nightmare stories about other cable companies too. I guess one isn't better than another. One thing I know I'll never get again is Directv. That had to be the worst cable company out there. Just the threat of rain or snow and the cable would go out. I suffered for 2 years until my contract was up to get U-Verse. And now look what we have to put up with?  I'm disabled and have nothing, but my computer and the TV, my computer works fine, but the slowness of the On Demand menus will make one old in no time. I have a vision of some old guy with cobwebs all over him as he's sitting in front of the TV with the remote, and watching that little half circle spinning in the right hand corner of the screen, as he's waiting for the movie guide to come up. And that's just for the description of the movie, lol, lol. And if you didn't move the cursor over to the correct area, you have to go thru the whole process again!!!! I have nightmares of that spinning half circle!!!!!!!

Oh Well, such is life....

MRROK  Man Frustrated

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for the reply.   Since my initial post, I invested an additional several hours in trouble-shooting sessions with more support (up to level III) personnel to no avail.

The work around (amazing that it may be that I STILL refer business to AT&T after all the problems I've had..) has been to simply CALL customer service, who then does a conference call with myself & the party I'm attempting to refer.   As archaic as this seems, it's worked & probably takes the same amount of time logging on to the refer-a-friend site & making the referral that way.

Although certainly NOT the technologically superior solution, sometimes one simply has to waive the white flag for time's sake..

Thanks again for the reply, and back to the original topic -- the ON DEMAND format, irrespective of changing the menuing options from icon-based, remains simply attrocious..

<<naturochem wrote:

I spent an excessive amount of time re-setting passwords etc, in order to login to the forums because I want to let AT&T know that the new On Demand format is simply the MOST MORONIC CHANGE I've been apart to since I signed up at Uverse's inception in my area FOUR YEARS AGO!!!

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!!  What on earth are the gurus who come up with these ideas thinking?!   It takes FOREVER times 17 to load, then the menu is completely idiotic....and if that weren't enough, the txt under the ridiculously LAME icons ON MY 80-INCH TV are IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE owing to their .3 pt font and the most unreadable colorblue imaginable!!!

Unrelated to the above described issue with the ridiculous new On Demand format, I have had over FOUR HOURS of interaction with AT&T personnel lately owing to a score of problems, which STILL remain unresolved and am seriously contemplating eradicating myself completely from any and all association with AT&T/Uverse.

12 calls, three chat sessions -- three troubleshooting escallations up to LEVEL THREE SUPERVISORS and STILL NO ONE has been able to re-set my "refer-a-friend" account so that I can access my referrals online -- and THIS is simply so that I can provide AT&T with new business that I promised several friends I would do.   Yes, I must need my head examined!?!!    NO REWARD IS WORTH ALL THE YET-TO-BE-SOLVED HEADACHES I'VE EXPERIENCED OVER THE PAST WEEK!!!    I finally had to call retention & EXPLAIN to department staff that if they couldn't MANUALLY CREDIT MY ACCOUNT for the referral so I could schedule service installation for my friend, that I was going to cancel immediately and switch to XFINITY/COMCAST.....AND bring my friend and several past referrals along with me too!!

No, I'm STILL not able to login to my "refer-a-friend" account online, and thus....I'm done referring new business to AT&T....

Wake up AT&T, you're letting what began as a VAST improvment over the competition slip away & digress at a severely rapid pace.

Signed, an OVERLY-disgrunteled, likely soon to be "former" AT&T customer.

I'm so sorry you still can't get into your "refer-a-friend account. Please send us a Private Message with your full name, account number, contact information and the best time to reach you. One of our managers will be happy to contact you and try to resolve. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.>>

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

Omg, had to watch Fox 5 on demand because I missed a few shows. Awful! You cannot ff and I have to watch a ton of commercials. Never ever again! Uverse please change your on demand. I absolutely hate it.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@germerican wrote:
Omg, had to watch Fox 5 on demand because I missed a few shows. Awful! You cannot ff and I have to watch a ton of commercials. Never ever again! Uverse please change your on demand. I absolutely hate it.

It's the network that determines whether you can FF or not, not AT&T.  ABC does the same thing with some but not all of their shows.  NBC has some as well.  If you watch shows on HULU + you cannot FF through those either.  It's all about the mighty $$$ and advertisers pay good money so you have to watch their commercials.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

Ah good to know, will right Fox 5
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.