disankey's profile

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 2:53 PM

New on demand Format

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

My package is tv-u 450 hd, Internet fastest available $60 per mo, 2 phone lines one unlimited (35.00)& the other (fax line), $15 per mo.   The major expense is the tv with  u-450 hd with 5 boxes.  Correction, the big expense is the taxes. 4 years ago when I switched from Comcast the same package was 209 per mo.  that works  out to approx 7.5% per year.  I wish my income would increase by that percentage. 

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

So I wasn't too far off with what I'm paying for my U-450 HD package. (3tv's) I thought I was getting ripped off big time, but see what others are paying for the same service then I'm right in line with cost. I just wish I could get rid of the sports package and get credit for not having it, but nooooooo. And if we rent a couple of movies in a particular month, that's when it starts to add up. But it's still cheaper than going to the movies!!!

@Ayuda1993 wrote:

My package is tv-u 450 hd, Internet fastest available $60 per mo, 2 phone lines one unlimited (35.00)& the other (fax line), $15 per mo.   The major expense is the tv with  u-450 hd with 5 boxes.  Correction, the big expense is the taxes. 4 years ago when I switched from Comcast the same package was 209 per mo.  that works  out to approx 7.5% per year.  I wish my income would increase by that percentage. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

not only is it very slow, when you change it in the options to the old better way it doesnt hold that setting for the next time.

tired to see if support could put it back and after 45 min. in a chat session he rebooted the modem and cut us off and he didn't fix the problem or re-contact me even though we took my number and email twice

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

11 years ago

I don't particularly like the new app format but can get used to it. The major problem for me it that is so slow.

Dlck

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

11 years ago

Other than the new format, which I absolutely can't stand, there seems to be less content available! But PLEASE help me understand why all of sudden a lot of Free PrimeTime shows are WEEKS behind??? They used to update a few days (at most) after they aired!! I didn't mind that U Verse rarely recorded shows according how they are set in the priority list (of course what good is the list?) But, now when it records a 5 yr old Spongebob episode (kid's recording) instead of a priority show, I have no way of seeing it!!!

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

11 years ago

Ayuda1993 - You say you have the fastest internet and U-450. Do you really need the highest and fastest? What for? (I'm just curious...no agenda or anything.) If you go down to U-300 and 18 Mbps internet, you're already saving probably $20 or $30 per month. U-450 - $121 24Mbps $66 Phone - $50 Approx $20 more per month than Comcast. However, are you getting more premium HD channels? More overall HD channels? One thing you can do is drop down to U-300. Right away you're saving about $30 per month. Unless you need that fastest internet, cut that down as well. I'm guessing a promotion ran out. Call them up and see what they can do...if they don't do anything, ask to speak to retentions. Tell them you can save money by going back to Comcast. Because of their retention department, I'm essentially paying just a little less than the price of U-300 but getting U-300, HD and 12 Mbps internet...essentially it's free HD and internet with paying for U-300. Stick on top of your promotions. Write yourself a note in your phone or put a sticky note by your U-Verse box. When the promotions expire, call back.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

11 years ago

mrrok said: So I wasn't too far off with what I'm paying for my U-450 HD package. (3tv's) I thought I was getting ripped off big time, but see what others are paying for the same service then I'm right in line with cost. I just wish I could get rid of the sports package and get credit for not having it, but nooooooo. And if we rent a couple of movies in a particular month, that's when it starts to add up. But it's still cheaper than going to the movies!!! -------------------- Do you need U-450? As I told the other guy, drop down to U-300 and save a lot of money by doing that through their retentions department. And since you're already paying for the premiums on demand, don't rent additional movies...just use your Showtime On Demand or whatever you want...there should be enough in there to keep you happy for a while.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

11 years ago

ToyPrincess said: Other than the new format, which I absolutely can't stand, there seems to be less content available! But PLEASE help me understand why all of sudden a lot of Free PrimeTime shows are WEEKS behind??? They used to update a few days (at most) after they aired!! I didn't mind that U Verse rarely recorded shows according how they are set in the priority list (of course what good is the list?) But, now when it records a 5 yr old Spongebob episode (kid's recording) instead of a priority show, I have no way of seeing it!!! --------------------- Have you tried Hulu.com or the channel's website? A lot of the shows go up there...and you don't have to be in front of your TV which is also nice. Give the kid the TV and you can watch on the computer and everyone is happy.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

If I dropped down to the U-300 package I loose my premium channels and will have to pay for them separately. Which in the end would be more or about the same that I'm paying now. Like I mentioned in another post, I don't need nor want the sports package, but have no choice. U-Verse will not remove it from my line up and give me credit for not subscribing to it. My internet in NOT the highest speed, but just below it and I pay $55.00 per month. We have two computers and when we both are on at the same time, this speed seems to be adequate for the both of us. I'm disabled, so my TV and computer is 95% of my alone time life. So yes, I do need all the pay movie channels, plus ON Demand. If I didn't have this package I wouldn't get the premium channels in On Demand. I would still get the pay movies, but that adds up every a month. And the only free channel/network I usually watch is Fearnet, which I'm happy to see it's back!!!!

I guess it's what it is,

ROK Man Frustrated

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@ToyPrincess wrote:
Other than the new format, which I absolutely can't stand, there seems to be less content available! But PLEASE help me understand why all of sudden a lot of Free PrimeTime shows are WEEKS behind??? They used to update a few days (at most) after they aired!! I didn't mind that U Verse rarely recorded shows according how they are set in the priority list (of course what good is the list?) But, now when it records a 5 yr old Spongebob episode (kid's recording) instead of a priority show, I have no way of seeing it!!!

AT&T deals with the network for On Demand selections.  Depending on which program you are talking about it could be available by the next week or not all.  As for content, they are actually adding more content not taking it away.  You also have to remember that On Demand content is not up there forever, it has an expiration date on it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.