disankey's profile

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 2:53 PM

New on demand Format

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

@mibrnsurg wrote:

@Scott53 wrote:
Ok in all fairness, I did call my son in law who is a repairman for att Uverse, and he suggested rebooting all devices and the RG. So I did unplug each, one at a time until they restarted, and then the RG. Went back to the main tv and pushed the VOD button and had pictures in about 4 seconds when it took 2 1/2 minutes yesterday. So not sure this will work for everyone but it sure did for me!

For me it was never slow loading even on my old Vip1216 (in fairness I rebooted just about every week). 

Then on my Vip2250 it was fast, but after a non-destructive disaster recovery, that fixed a dark HDMI PQ problem (figured that one out myself, something might have been corrupted in recent upgrade), it is downright snappy in 1-2 seconds it loads.  Then if I hit again, it loads instantly. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

How did you do a non-destructive DR?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

@RCSMG wrote:

@mibrnsurg wrote:

@Scott53 wrote:
Ok in all fairness, I did call my son in law who is a repairman for att Uverse, and he suggested rebooting all devices and the RG. So I did unplug each, one at a time until they restarted, and then the RG. Went back to the main tv and pushed the VOD button and had pictures in about 4 seconds when it took 2 1/2 minutes yesterday. So not sure this will work for everyone but it sure did for me!

For me it was never slow loading even on my old Vip1216 (in fairness I rebooted just about every week). 

Then on my Vip2250 it was fast, but after a non-destructive disaster recovery, that fixed a dark HDMI PQ problem (figured that one out myself, something might have been corrupted in recent upgrade), it is downright snappy in 1-2 seconds it loads.  Then if I hit again, it loads instantly. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

How did you do a non-destructive DR?

Like this RC:

If the DVR functions are still not working, try a Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery.

Unplug the power cord of the DVR from the wall or from the back of the box and wait ten seconds. Plug the DVR back in.

When three white dots appear on the screen, unplug the DVR again. Repeat this process two more times.

Plug the DVR back in on the third time and leave in. Three white dots appear followed by a gear with a status bar at the bottom of the screen.

If the Disaster Recovery screen does not appear, repeat the steps above. If the Disaster Recovery screen appears, wait until completion.

If the Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery does not work, follow the steps for a Force Disaster Recovery

What's it's doing is counting 3 failed reboots not completing (SJ thought there was a counter to do this) and then performing the NDDR.  It takes a long time to complete.  TV comes back pretty quick after it completes the regular reboot after the gears do their work, but Guide info and Recordings  take a long time. 😉

Chris

Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

Is anyone else like me who Hates the new ON Demand Guide set up? What was wrong with the other one? This one is very, very, slow and you have to click on the movie to view what it's about. And that process takes more time to load. I use to go to On Demand and it was easy to use, and it was instant, not watching a half circle arrow spinning around loading up the page!!! Please U-Verse/AT&T, change it back to the original set up, this one Sucks!!!

A LONG time Customer,

ROK

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

Oh goodness...there's an 8 page thread here.

FYI...you can change the view to list vs. icons if that helps.

Edit: Reply merged with original topic....

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

@MRROK wrote:

Is anyone else like me who Hates the new ON Demand Guide set up? What was wrong with the other one? This one is very, very, slow and you have to click on the movie to view what it's about. And that process takes more time to load. I use to go to On Demand and it was easy to use, and it was instant, not watching a half circle arrow spinning around loading up the page!!! Please U-Verse/AT&T, change it back to the original set up, this one Sucks!!!

A LONG time Customer,

ROK

Reboot your DVR after changing to a list version and it should work much better. 😉

Chris

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I could not agree more with this post. Not only is the On Demand format AWFUL!! the search function to find anything has slowed to 14.4 modem speed. This is pathetic from ATT to produce such a poor quality system. Drop all of the stupid graphics and go back to a streamlined text based system or at least offer the option and see how many people drop the graphics in place now. ATT is driving away customer satisfaction. If Charter cable gets their act together, I will bail from ATT. I joined this form just to try and get the attention of management because we all know too well there is no method of telling ATT management that the current system is unsatisfactory.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

OK, I found the post and switched to list view/ Took many presses on the remote because the system is SLOW, SLOW and SLOWER. List view doesn't speed up anything. Like a previous post said, If it Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It. U-Verse was always a little delayed but now it is terrible.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@davidmarcinko wrote:
OK, I found the post and switched to list view/ Took many presses on the remote because the system is SLOW, SLOW and SLOWER. List view doesn't speed up anything. Like a previous post said, If it Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It. U-Verse was always a little delayed but now it is terrible.

Did you also reboot the residential gateway (RG) and each of your U-verse receivers?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

tried the disaster recovery method. system took 18 seconds to load uverse on demand. Is this as good as it gets? Still way too slow and the remote doesn't respond 1/2 the time. Must keep pressing buttom for the system to acknowledge

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

@davidmarcinko wrote:
tried the disaster recovery method. system took 18 seconds to load uverse on demand. Is this as good as it gets? Still way too slow and the remote doesn't respond 1/2 the time. Must keep pressing buttom for the system to acknowledge

Don't know what to tell you, in 4 seconds the whole list system loaded here.   This is on a 2250 directly connected to the RG by cat5e patch cable.  Cat5e from the RG to the Nid.  These are the only things that can make a difference.

As to the button pushes:

If it's an LCD (LED) TV check for these settings on your advanced settings on the menu: Dynamic Contrast, Auto or Ambient Brightness, Energy/Power Saver, Intelligent Sensor or Auto Iris.

If you have any of them or similar ones try turning them 'off' one by one until you find the culprit, then turn the non-offending ones back on to double check. All of these can cause Uverse remote problems w/an LCD (LED).

If it's a plasma, make sure the DVR/STB is in front and the face pointing the same direction as the TV, so it gets no IR from the front of the screen. Good luck 😉

Chris

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.