New on demand Format

Mentor

New on demand Format

[ Edited ]

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Message 1 of 301 (21,673 Views)
Tutor

Re: New on demand Format Sucks

New on demand 'feature' impossible to read. What happened to the listing in text? I tried to get a listing from att website and cannot get a text listing. Cannot find any cinemax on demand listing. Please revert back to former display!
Message 211 of 301 (2,922 Views)
Expert
Solution
Accepted by ATTDelia (Employee)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: New on demand Format

[ Edited ]

egaillo wrote:
New on demand 'feature' impossible to read. What happened to the listing in text? I tried to get a listing from att website and cannot get a text listing. Cannot find any cinemax on demand listing. Please revert back to former display!

The list view us still available:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB419810#fbid=Uu_RHFYtnuv

Message 212 of 301 (2,921 Views)
Tutor

On demand comment and question.

First and foremost, let me be as polite as possible when I say I am not a fan of the new on demand system. At all. *deep breath*

Secondly, is there an option available as to how I can just get a list on the screen like I could two weeks ago? If not, can we please get one. If so that would be snazzy.

Thanks in advance.

Message 213 of 301 (2,930 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: On demand comment and question.

[ Edited ]

Arrow right and there's 3 choices and at the bottom, there's 2 little icons: one of boxes and one "abc".  Choose ABC for alphabetical listing which is very similar to how it used to be.  The little boxes is the newer version (looks like Netflix).

Snazzy, huh?

Thanks to whoever posted this info a few days ago.  Smiley Happy  (Chris?)

Once you choose alphabetical, it will stay that way.  It doesn't default back to the boxes.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 214 of 301 (2,917 Views)
ACE - Expert

Mix6APlix wrote:

First and foremost, let me be as polite as possible when I say I am not a fan of the new on demand system. At all. *deep breath*

Secondly, is there an option available as to how I can just get a list on the screen like I could two weeks ago? If not, can we please get one. If so that would be snazzy.

Thanks in advance.

That's not going to happen, ATT has never rolled back an ugrade like this, they will tweak it to some degree if they feel it's necessary.

Now I only stay in the Free Shows area and it takes exactly same # of button pushes to get to a specific show.  It was not slow on my old 1216 (8-9MB memory 85-90% use) and is downright snappy on my 2250 (44-48MB of memory 55-60% use). Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 215 of 301 (2,869 Views)
ACE - Master

Here are some pics from the list view:

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Message 216 of 301 (2,856 Views)
Tutor

I have to agree with most people here, even if i use list view the on demand is ridiculously slow. All i get is the little circle in the bottom corner, in fact just this am my whole screen turned semi gray with just sound from the background channel and crashed. I had to unplug my system and plug it back in. This is slower than molasses. With my promo's ending now and price going up i don't see why i should keep my uverse service. Lord knows Comcast has been harassing me with people at my door, mail, and the phone calls to switch. I'm seriously starting to contemplate that.
Message 217 of 301 (2,750 Views)
ACE - Professor

Kimbear wrote:
I have to agree with most people here, even if i use list view the on demand is ridiculously slow. All i get is the little circle in the bottom corner, in fact just this am my whole screen turned semi gray with just sound from the background channel and crashed. I had to unplug my system and plug it back in. This is slower than molasses. With my promo's ending now and price going up i don't see why i should keep my uverse service. Lord knows Comcast has been harassing me with people at my door, mail, and the phone calls to switch. I'm seriously starting to contemplate that.

Just because your current promos are ending doesn't mean you can't get new ones. Call them up and ask for the "retentions" department. Then, when you're on the phone with them, ask for their direct line. I've asked a lot of AT&T people for their direct lines and haven't called the ATT-2020 line in quite some time. Smiley Happy

Message 218 of 301 (2,740 Views)
ACE - Professor

mibrnsurg wrote:

Now I only stay in the Free Shows area and it takes exactly same # of button pushes to get to a specific show.  It was not slow on my old 1216 (8-9MB memory 85-90% use) and is downright snappy on my 2250 (44-48MB of memory 55-60% use). Smiley Wink

But it *is* slowER and worse than before, no doubt. I have a 1225 and I see a spinning circle for a minute or so, then it goes to another screen with listings in Central Time zone. Sometimes, it says "search is temporarily unavailable" after the minute or so of the spinning circle.

Message 219 of 301 (2,738 Views)
ACE - Master

I personally feel that AT&T does not do enough testing, before they roll things out.  AND, if they do test, maybe they do not test on a big enough population, to fully test the system (i.e. stress testing).  I would offer my services in exchange for two years of U-450. Smiley Wink

Message 220 of 301 (2,735 Views)
ACE - Expert

baseballisback wrote:

mibrnsurg wrote:

But it *is* slowER and worse than before, no doubt. I have a 1225 and I see a spinning circle for a minute or so, then it goes to another screen with listings in Central Time zone. Sometimes, it says "search is temporarily unavailable" after the minute or so of the spinning circle.

No it wasn't slow for me on the 1216, I did have new VOD b4 I got rid of it and it was not slow, just not as fast as the 2250 I have now, and I mean fast on the 2250.

More showtimes is a known problem by ATT.  I've seen Search unavailable,I just back out and go in again and it's there. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 221 of 301 (2,716 Views)
ACE - Professor

It's slower than it was. It works for you, but you should see it on my TV. I'm not lying, nor am I accusing you of the same. I'm happy it works fast for you, but you're not me and I'm not you.

100 MPH is fast. 80 MPH is still fast, but slower than 100. That's what I'm saying. It's still not as fast as what it could be.

Couple that with the other known bugs, and AT&T has made a big goof.
Message 222 of 301 (2,687 Views)
Voyager

I also use the list view, which isn't easy since a chunk of it is cut off from my screen (guess my tv isn't wide enough?). It takes a long time to get to this list in the first place, in comparison to the old version of on demand, as I too get that frustrating circle in the bottom corner. Then you have to keep going from screen to screen to screen, and with every switch comes that darn circle, the slow load, like watching paint dry. When you finally do land on the show to watch, what do you get? Another circle, another very slow load. NEVER used to be this way! On Demand used to come up as quickly as the shows recorded on the DVR.

Adding to the pain is the fact that you get the same result when seeking to find "more showtimes." This used to come up right away but now takes forever to load, and when it finally does it includes the HD channels which I don't subscribe to and have blocked.

I use a tv to, well, watch tv; this change seems to be anything but beneficial for a tv-using viewer. I am extremely dissatisfied with this change in service.

Message 223 of 301 (2,642 Views)
Guru

I have read all the nice posts about switching to list mode and they are very helpful, thanks folks.

Now that being said, yesterday I was going to select a movie for the grandkids and even one of them said, "Wow, this is really slow!" while we were simply waiting for the original application to load (from the mouthes of babes). This is well before I even had the choice for list or pictures.

This new upgrade is pretty much a downgrade IMHO. I am finding VOD to be a feature not worth the wait, sorry Uverse geeks, or techs which ever you prefer, you overthought this one to death!

Message 224 of 301 (2,546 Views)
Guru

[ Edited ]

Doing a reply to my own post is a bit tacky agreed, but do any of you old timers remember in 2007 when Uverse did that nation wide system upgrade and blew the whole system up for 3 days? I always wondered what happened to the person who did that? Guess I now have a sneaky feeling they are in charge of IT software programming changes for the system. Hmmm could it be that the Peter Principle is alive and well at AT&T?

Message 225 of 301 (2,523 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.