disankey's profile

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 2:53 PM

New on demand Format

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

11 years ago

mibrnsurg:

Thanks Chris for the tip about how to switch to list mode.  It did help a great deal.  THEN.....there was my special situation.  I thought everything was working great.  Had my dual band router connected to the data output on the back of the STB in the living room.....TV was OK.....Internet fast and dependable.  BUT....on your suggestion I pulled the router and disconnected it from the STB.  The "On Demand" service sped up even more.  Still using the list format because we prefer it.  And the speed is way, way faster.   It helped a lot.  I guess there is a good reason AT&T does not recommend use of that data port for this purpose.

For my Internet.....I moved the dual band router back to the computer room where it is connected directly to the RG.  Up in the living room (about center of the house) I have reinstated the dual band range extender.   Another little discovery on my part was that the NetGear range extender has three ways it can be set up to communicate with the router and the devices.  I've found the one that gives me full tested download speeds.  That did not used to be the case with the extender.  It always seemed to slow Internet speed somewhat.  But now it does not.   Which just proves that old saying.....when all else fails....read the instructions.   AND in the case of home networks.....experiment and test.  It ain't all that difficult.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

New on demand 'feature' impossible to read. What happened to the listing in text? I tried to get a listing from att website and cannot get a text listing. Cannot find any cinemax on demand listing. Please revert back to former display!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

First and foremost, let me be as polite as possible when I say I am not a fan of the new on demand system. At all. *deep breath*

Secondly, is there an option available as to how I can just get a list on the screen like I could two weeks ago? If not, can we please get one. If so that would be snazzy.

Thanks in advance.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

Arrow right and there's 3 choices and at the bottom, there's 2 little icons: one of boxes and one "abc".  Choose ABC for alphabetical listing which is very similar to how it used to be.  The little boxes is the newer version (looks like Netflix).

Snazzy, huh?

Thanks to whoever posted this info a few days ago.  Smiley Happy  (Chris?)

Once you choose alphabetical, it will stay that way.  It doesn't default back to the boxes.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

@Mix6APlix wrote:

First and foremost, let me be as polite as possible when I say I am not a fan of the new on demand system. At all. *deep breath*

Secondly, is there an option available as to how I can just get a list on the screen like I could two weeks ago? If not, can we please get one. If so that would be snazzy.

Thanks in advance.

That's not going to happen, ATT has never rolled back an ugrade like this, they will tweak it to some degree if they feel it's necessary.

Now I only stay in the Free Shows area and it takes exactly same # of button pushes to get to a specific show.  It was not slow on my old 1216 (8-9MB memory 85-90% use) and is downright snappy on my 2250 (44-48MB of memory 55-60% use). 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Here are some pics from the list view:

LV1.JPG

LV2.JPG

LV3.JPG

LV4.JPG

4 Attachments

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I have to agree with most people here, even if i use list view the on demand is ridiculously slow. All i get is the little circle in the bottom corner, in fact just this am my whole screen turned semi gray with just sound from the background channel and crashed. I had to unplug my system and plug it back in. This is slower than molasses. With my promo's ending now and price going up i don't see why i should keep my uverse service. Lord knows Comcast has been harassing me with people at my door, mail, and the phone calls to switch. I'm seriously starting to contemplate that.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

11 years ago

@Kimbear wrote:
I have to agree with most people here, even if i use list view the on demand is ridiculously slow. All i get is the little circle in the bottom corner, in fact just this am my whole screen turned semi gray with just sound from the background channel and crashed. I had to unplug my system and plug it back in. This is slower than molasses. With my promo's ending now and price going up i don't see why i should keep my uverse service. Lord knows Comcast has been harassing me with people at my door, mail, and the phone calls to switch. I'm seriously starting to contemplate that.

Just because your current promos are ending doesn't mean you can't get new ones. Call them up and ask for the "retentions" department. Then, when you're on the phone with them, ask for their direct line. I've asked a lot of AT&T people for their direct lines and haven't called the ATT-2020 line in quite some time. Smiley Happy

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

11 years ago

@mibrnsurg wrote:

Now I only stay in the Free Shows area and it takes exactly same # of button pushes to get to a specific show.  It was not slow on my old 1216 (8-9MB memory 85-90% use) and is downright snappy on my 2250 (44-48MB of memory 55-60% use). 😉

But it *is* slowER and worse than before, no doubt. I have a 1225 and I see a spinning circle for a minute or so, then it goes to another screen with listings in Central Time zone. Sometimes, it says "search is temporarily unavailable" after the minute or so of the spinning circle.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

I personally feel that AT&T does not do enough testing, before they roll things out.  AND, if they do test, maybe they do not test on a big enough population, to fully test the system (i.e. stress testing).  I would offer my services in exchange for two years of U-450. Smiley Wink

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.