For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
disankey's profile

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 2:53 PM

New on demand Format

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

It'll come to you on ATT's schedule, nothing you can do to get it earlier. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks Chris.

Scholar

• 

166 Messages

11 years ago

I'm experiencing the opposite from Erhodes, ever since the update the on demand and DVR is way slower. My receiver is 3 years old, don't know if that effects anything.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@BeeBeeSA wrote:

TG...what is the number on the newest firmware update?  I'm on 2.2.28163.20  UI:5.5.5-nt on my DVR but on 2.2.28163.10 on my STB's.  Tried resetting my STB last night but it's still .10.

Here are the versions that I received earlier this week:

Motorola VIP 2250:   2.2.28163.20

Cisco ISB 7005:       2.2.28184.50

Motorola VIP 1200:   2.2.28163.10

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I also received this over on the other AT&T forum:

I did some research for the "2.2.3" client upgrade. At this time, it appears that your equipment is up to date with the latest firmware. However, there is an update coming to your area sometime mid-July (specific day is unavailable) for all U-verse receivers.

For those who are curious about the upcoming changes, we have identified an issue with some U-verse DVR's, which may cause our customers to have limited recording space and occasional loss of recordings. This issue will be corrected with the 2.2.3 client upgrade.

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks Chris.   First I rebooted all three boxes....DVR plus 2 STBs....then I found the icon.  I had seen that before but I am icon illiterate...so I had not clicked on it.  This time I did and, indeed, it DID help but still quite a lot slower than "On Demand" used to be. 

Our home setup is not traditional.   Our DVR is back in the computer room.....sitting about 4 feet away from the RG....and hooked to the 32" HD back there.  Out in the living room we have just the regular STB.  Thanks to whole home DVR this has worked just fine.   My wireless dual-band router is in the living room also (about center of the house) and is connected to the system via the data port on the STB.  So far it works great for our home network and access to the Internet.  It is the setup our last visiting tech switched us to.  I've even been able to remove my dual band range extender completely.  So all wireless devices are now connected to the 5 gHz Wi-Fi band.  

BUT....I wonder if this unusual setup might contribute to slowness on the U-verse TV part of the service....including "On Demand."  Thoughts?

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

11 years ago

Well....that is the version I have on my DVR so it is current.   But my two regular STBs are still 2512.10  and reboot did not help.  Hmmmm   Maybe not in our area yet.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Don't think any STBs are getting updated now Phil, others have been asking about that too.  They don't have to have the same updates.

Here I just brought VOD up in 3 seconds and could navigate it as fast as I could keep clicking, even at 2:42am. 

Honestly don't know why others have problems unless the memory in the DVR is very specific.  In my old 1216, only 8-9000KB of actual memory (never had any problems on VOD old or new).  On my current 2250, I have 48000KB of actual memory, everything is lightening fast compared to the 1216. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Thank you for posting the link, however the interface is still glacialy slow no matter which interface is used.

Also, under "Free Shows" Anime Network no longer offers free episodes of any of their shows.  If that is their netwoks choice, I can live with that, but they should no longer be listed under free shows.  They show their programming under the Subscription category in greater detail anyway.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Very Slow, loose track of the highlighted box to easy and why do i have to keep clicking over and over to get to shows..tedious

Anyone else have the disappearing Game of Thrones - it is there one day and the next gone???  Frustrating - 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.