disankey's profile

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 2:53 PM

New on demand Format

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Took me only 6 seconds to load, right arrowed into Uverse Movies, right arrowed to the 1st item, hit OK, info was up in 3 seconds.  Of course I turned back to a list version, so none of the covers have to load.  On a 2550.

To turn back into a list version, first right arrow, look at lower left border.  There will be 3 small icons, bottom one turns it back into list version. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Scholar

• 

276 Messages

11 years ago

You do not like which is your right. I am a faithful U-vesre user and I will have to say I like it. It is not slow to me.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

I completely agree the new U-verse On Demand is pretty terrible so far. Hopefully fixes are made, but isn't that what beta testing is for before a mass roll-out? It looks cool, but it's about as quick as molasses. I think getting lost in the shuffle is the related "update" of the Search function. I liked using it to find shows I wanted to record or watch, especially when I missed the first showing or wanted to see when a show would re-run.

Is anyone else having this issue: There are a couple of recurring recordings that recently began to conflict with some other recordings at the same time so they now show that they will not record. No problem, I thought, I'll just use the "More Showtimes" function to find another time to record the program. But now it always says "Search function not available at this time" or something to that effect. And it has happened with multiple conflicted recordings. I will try it with non-conflicting recordings or shows in the program guide later to see it if it is unique to this situation. I just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this, or is it unique to me? I thought it may be related to the recent changes to On Demand and Search. The regular "keyboard" search works (although it has it's own new set of problems... slowness and showtimes being in Central time).

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

11 years ago

Since I got the new firmware update the on demand is a lot faster, in fact the whole menu/ guide is much faster and smoother.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Phil, change it back into a list version.  After first right arrow, look for 3 little icons in the left border, bottom one will turn it back into a list version.  Much faster after that. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

11 years ago

Maybe it's just me, but I had the problems you describe on OnDemand on the previous menuing system.  I have not experienced them on the new menu format.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

No problems here with On Demand especially since the recent firmware update.  It's just as speedy as it was before the new look.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

Mine was a little slower at first, but it's not any more. Either that or I've just gotten used to it. Either way, I kinda like the new format since it shows the movie posters and sometimes I forgot a movie and the cover reminds me, oh yeah, I remember that movie.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

No problems here with On Demand especially since the recent firmware update.  It's just as speedy as it was before the new look.

TG...what is the number on the newest firmware update?  I'm on 2.2.28163.20  UI:5.5.5-nt on my DVR but on 2.2.28163.10 on my STB's.  Tried resetting my STB last night but it's still .10.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

How do I do the firmware update? If it helped you, I would like to try. I appreciate any help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.