disankey's profile

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 2:53 PM

New on demand Format

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

Ok this thread is too long to read everything, but I got through the first several pages and here are my thoughts ...

I got the upgrade after my box freaked out last week and would no longer work.  I ended up doing a hard-reset to get it back online and that actually worked.  However when it came back online, I had the dreaded on-demand "upgrade."

Everyone is basically right, it is terrible and they basically dumbed the interface down for little children with pretty pictures.  What everyone is also completely wrong about is that changing the setting back to menu-mode or whatever it is called from graphic mode DOES NOT reset it back to the old on-demand format.  It just turns the new format into menus and words.  The way it works and the layout remains the same as the picture format just with menus and it totally sucks.

It is dinosaur slow - or actually even way freaking slower than that.  I've done all the resets, RG and STB-wise and it makes no difference in the speed of the system everything is achingly slow to respond, but the on-demand is beyond terrible.

The other thing I see no mention of (maybe it is just on my system) is that on the old on-demand system I had free shows.  You pick the network and then there was a HUGE list of all their shows and all the offerings available.  ALL of those options ARE GONE!  Sure I still have the Free shows pick and the networks are listed.  All the shows that were available prior to the upgrade are totally missing and there is little to almost NO CONTENT available for network shows to catch up on.  That totally screws me over.  What the heck is up with that?

AT&T please repopulate the on-demand offerings with everything and all the shows that were available before the "upgrade."

I am not a happy customer.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I agree. The font is too small, the colors clash, too much is crammed into one screen and it takes twice as long as the previous "On Demand", Think AT&T must have had some grammar school kids come up with this new scheme.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Agree. I hate it. I can barely see the titles on 52" tv. It is super slow, confusing. If u want to see "all movies", u have to click the same option more than once because of the subcategories and than the subcategories of the subcategories. It takes forever, it annoys me badly. Tried to email att with comments, but to email att, it is a days work. Tried the link to change it from picture view to last view, but even if u change it to "last view" /list/, it is still super slow. Just imagine, someone actually got paid a lot to redesign OD, and we have to pay a lot now to use this garbage. Thanks att. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

11 years ago

Agreed.  

Thank goodness we seldom watch any programming or movies On Demand.  Smiley Mad

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

What is really sad, is the people come on here to vent....but nobody at AT&T actually cares about our comments.  The pathetic thing is horrible and I seriously doubt it will ever be fixed.  I am looking at alternatives to move forward without UVerse as part of our lives any more.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I toitally agree.  This new format and interface is horrible.  It seems that it wasn't end-user tested.  It is driving me and my family insane and to the point that we are now seriously considering switching to another provider.  And not just this new on demand format is driving us to such decision... since we became U-verse customers a couple years ago, I haven't seen the servcie improve, but rather become worse over time.  Very disappointing.

And as other have also alredy posted in this forum: it seems that ATT isn't interested in our experience or opinions, suggestions and feedback.... well, they probably will have to when they start losing customers... and that will happen faster than they think. There are better and higher quality alternatives to consider.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Agreed. ATT has royally screwed their loyal customers... but that is no more. Time to cancel this poor "service".

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

11 years ago

There was nothing to watch of any interest on the regular channels tonight....so we decided to see what movies might be available in On Demand.   It has been quite a long time since we have ventured into that part of U-verse.  It was a revolting and very tiring experience.  Slow....slow....slow.  It is probably the most poorly planned and managed system I have ever experienced on U-verse.  By the time we fought our way through the long....long waits for information to come up on various movies we were so bored and tired of messing with it.....we had completely lost interest and just turned it off.  On Demand has been completely ruined.  My wife thought maybe she could access it via her iPad and order up a movie.  But that is only possible if you want to watch it on the iPad.  If you want to watch it on your TV you must go through all that mess with your remote......waiting and waiting and waiting while the little arrow goes around in circles.   I actually nearly drifted off to sleep while waiting for information on one filme.   The type face on the screen is so tiny....even on our 55" screen just 15 ft. away from us.....that the titles can only barely be read.

AT&T needs to dump this whole system and either go back to the old format or come up with something new that is WAY much faster.  This is awful!   If you don't believe me....go give it a try and see what you think.

Good grief AT&T.  Don't you give a darn for your faithful customers.  Up to now we've been happy.   All of a sudden we discover what kind of dumb things have beens going on while we weren't paying attention.   Who are the nitwits that come up with this kind of mess?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

"AT&T's U-verse has rolled out a new U-verse On Demand storefront that is designed to make it easier for customer to find and access movies and TV shows."

Personal experience, as well as friends and family,  find it more difficult and 'excruciatingly' slow.  While we might get used to the interface eventually it certainly is not very user friendly.  If they don't breakers the interface they'll likely lose customers

, I mean this ridiculously SLOW.   I have already reset my box as part of the regular 'DVR not connected' fix 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Agree with all, in particular the sudden lack of on demand content.  It seems att  rolled out a vast reduction of content, hidden under a new confusing interface (though it seems this is a brilliant idea because I've found few that have noticed the missing content as yet)

please bring back the content att.  in the end this will hurt as the competition in my area already had far more on demand content than att, now it is just a joke.  The CEO says they are getting great feedback from customers, well where do I send my negative feedback so they hear it? Or is negative feedback ignored/discarded

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.