disankey's profile

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 2:53 PM

New on demand Format

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

I stay in the free section and have absolutely no delay.  The On demand came up in 6 seconds, can right arrow into Primetime and go down to the various Networks easily. 

I have rebooted my 2250 once after the new apps downloaded and it started going faster after I did that (wasn't that slow b4).  😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

The new ondemand does not bother as it does other people life to short to be angry over a small feature plus i have Netflix and Amazon Prime that's enough for me .

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

That still doesn't fix the main problem which is that the entire new system is incredibly SLOW. I get the rolling wheel of death in the lower right-hand corner for each selection and it takes 20-30 seconds for each new page to load. Given ATT's access to high tech, you would think you could do a better job than this!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

ATT's new "interactive" GUI makes me think that they grabbed some recent graduate of a third-world tech school and asked him to create new menus for his final exam. Then they rolled out his attempt without any QA testing. With all the brilliant programmers in the world, you'd think they could come up with something better than this crap. I'm just waiting for my TV screen to display the BSOD now.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I have read almost all the complaints in this thread and have to agree with most of them. However, I got an actual (native English-speaking) person to call me to fix the problem. The fix was drastic ... a full reformatting of the drive ... but it actually worked! The On Demand screens load very fast, the Search feature works again, etc. etc. I lost the programs I had recorded but I still have the settings for future recordings. The settings for favorite channels and hidden channels are all still there, too. So, I lost a few shows, but I'm sure I can find them again. This is how I did it: 1. I sent a complaint via "Private Message" at this URL: https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773 2. I got an email back from someone within 15 minutes. 3. I sent the ATT person the info he requested and asked him to call me to discuss the problem. (BTW - you have to be at home, with the TV to be able to do all the following.) 4. He called me within a half hour. 5. I described all my problems (slow page loading, search not working, prompts from remote not being recognized). 6. He asked to do a "Disaster Recovery Reboot". OK. It took about 5 minutes to cycle through. 7. After the Disaster Recovery Reboot, nothing had changed. He then asked if I would like to try a full reformatting of the drive. He explained that I would lose recorded shows. I figured I could find the recorded shows again, so I said OK. 8. He initiated the full reformat. It takes about 15 minutes to cycle through. I asked the guy to call me back in a half hour to see if the reformatting helped. He said OK. 9. After many screen changes and reboots, restarts, I ended up with a screen that showed the ATT VOD logo and it said to press OK to start VOD. I pressed OK. 10. Amazingly, the screens loaded much, much more quickly! (I am using the list view; not the poster view.) 11. The ATT guy called back and I went through some pages with him on the phone. I told him that it was all good, but to please tell management that I still HATE the new menus. 12. Depending on your remote, you may have to press the "ATT" button to get the remote to view live TV again. I'm just happy that, for once, a customer service fix actually worked. Good luck for all of you who want to try this. Of course I can't guarantee that everything will work out for you, but it's worth a try.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

THe "More showtimes" feature still seems very slow.  VOD is fast one time and crawling the next.  It does sound like that AT&T is at least trying.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Since this new interface seems slow for some and fast for others I was wondering if it has anything to do with your internet package or your max rate indicated on UVRT.  My max rate is 47576k and I have max 18 internet.

I remember that most all of the options where you got the spinning circle in the lower right hand corner used your internet connection to access these options such as UBAR, Santa Tracker, etc.  If in fact it does use your internet for this new interface maybe that's why some are seeing fast responce times and others slow times.

If it's using your overhead or bandwidth up to your max rate to make this work that might also explain why some are fast and some are slow.  If someone is on the 32/5 profile and their max rate is at 38 or 39k maybe there is not enough extra bandwidth to support the fast downloading of tiles, etc.  Those of us with a higher max rate would see faster times.

I wonder if someone with only Uverse TV and internet from someone else can even use this new on demand system?  Wonder if SomeJoe can see anything thru his UVRT software to determine if it's using internet or the max rate?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

Interesting article:

AT&T's U-verse Upgrades On Demand Store

Offers Improved User Interface, Search
By: George Winslow (Broadcasting & Cable) May 16 2013 - 10:07pm

AT&T's U-verse has rolled out a new U-verse On Demand storefront that is designed to make it easier for customer to find and access movies and TV shows.

Improved tools for finding On Demand content has become an increasingly important issue for multichannel operators as the amount of On Demand content continues to grow.

"Customers have access to thousands of titles today, and our new On Demand storefront will help them quickly discover the best movies and titles," said Mel Coker, chief marketing officer, AT&T Home Solutions in a statement.

The new interface was tested in AT&T Labs in Austin, Texas and then trialed with customers in Austin and San Antonio before launching on May 16.

It is currently available in Austin, Bakersfield, Baton Rouge, Birmingham, Charleston, Charlotte, Cleveland, Columbia, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Dayton, Daytona Beach, Decatur, El Paso, Fayetteville, Fresno, Grand Rapids, Greensboro, Greenville, Houston, Jackson, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Knoxville, Lansing, Los Angeles, Louisville, Lubbock, Memphis, Miami, Midland, Milwaukee, Mobile, Monterey, Nashville, Reno, San Antonio, San Diego, South Bend, Springfield, St. Louis, Topeka, Tulsa and Wallingford.

Additional markets will be rolled out over the rest of the year.

New features include an improve user interface; advanced search tools; colorful poster art to simplify the process of finding interesting content; a My Videos section to keep track of current rentals in one place; and a My Queue section where users can save titles for later viewing.

In the future, the telco is planning additional improvements that will include an advanced recommendation engine.

http://www.multichannel.com/distribution/atts-u-verse-upgrades-demand-store/143352

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

11 years ago

I think it is dreadful too ...slow and to many steps PLUS it is hard to read

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you for this info.The listing option helps speed up the response but most people would not know it exists.

Most people will not find this info becuase the ATT Help site is very hard to work and has too many levels. It could take an hour going through all the possible solutions. The on screen icons need a description under the icon.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.