disankey's profile

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 2:53 PM

New on demand Format

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

@bmsmb wrote:

@bmsmb wrote:

I just got the updated on demand download and now I cannot view any on demand video on my XBox (it works fine on my other receiver.)

I get a message "This video is currently unavailable or has been removed from U-verse On Demand.  Please try again later."  This is on every video, even the u-verse help videos.

Why was this post moved here?!?!  I'm not complaining about the new On-Demand, I need help getting it to work on my XBox.  @Taylarie moved it here "for better exposure",  but now my post gets buried in a pile of complaints.     

I can load the interface, but all of the videos say "This video is currently unavailable or has been removed from U-verse On Demand.  Please try again later."  These videos work on my other receiver.  I've rebooted my XBox and reset my system from the options menu.  Any suggestions?

Someone posted the same issue on the dslreports.com forum:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28321084-New-on-demand-UI-doesn-t-work-on-XBox

That's me.  I'm just trying to maximize exposure.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

No responses there either.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Looks like AT&T fixed the software as the On Demand now is fast. Just about as fast as the old software. Hope it stays this way. I'm in Nevada - not sure how other areas are affected. Just noticed it today, so the fix must have been over night.

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

Yea i noticed some of the ondemand programs were blank so they must have updated the software i did reboot my receiver it is faster the techs must have heard the complaints .

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

Yes, I rebooted my receivers.  On Demand and search now seem as fast as they were before the change.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I just saw it today, here in Michigan. I do not like it either. I can barely see it. Everything seems so dark, it is hard to choose.. I will probably downgrade to a lower package now since On Demand seems to be useless..... .

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

1) The On Demand interface:

Annoying, unintuitive, and nearly useless. Not to mention EXCRUCIATINGLY SLOW.

2) "More Showtimes" feature

Looks the same, EVENTUALLY, but I used to get results in one or two seconds. Now it takes THREE TO FIVE MINUTES. Also, if I select a showtime result to record, other results on the same channel are also red-dotted. (If I wait long enough.)

3) Searching for scheduled shows by title

Still looks the same, but now PAINFULLY SLOW.

4) Is it my imagination, or does the OK button now ignore my first five or ten presses? And then it's SLOW when it finally gets the message.

Why would you (ATT UVerse) do this? Do you have too many customers, and you need to get rid of about 90% of them? If so, you're on the right track.

I left comcast several years ago, and I have been very pleased with UVerse up until now. TV quality and Internet speed and reliability are still and have always been excellent. But this latest change is HIGHLY FRUSTRATING, especially in light of RECENT INCREASES IN MONTHLY CHARGES.

It was great the way it was. If you can't fix it, PLEASE just put it back.

- Mike

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

!. After your first right arrow, look on lower left border for 3 icons, bottom one will turn it back into a list view.

2. All searching and more showtimes have been sent to ATT for investigation and hopefully fixing. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

@mibrnsurg wrote:

!. After your first right arrow, look on lower left border for 3 icons, bottom one will turn it back into a list view.

2. All searching and more showtimes have been sent to ATT for investigation and hopefully fixing. 😉

Chris

Thanks, Chris. Already read several posts here and tried out the list view. It's still about one full minute per selection, which means up to five minutes before I can view the Info for a show and decided if I want to start it. But yes, it's better than the icon view.

As for the other features, and the overall sluggishness - I hope it gets corrected soon, or backed out. It was fine the way it was.

Thanks for your response!

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

11 years ago

I agree. It's painfully slow. It shouldn't seem like a minute wait and multiple "please wait. loading..." screens to get to play an on demand movie. I did hear a version 2.2 of the software is coming which supposedly fixes upwards of 100 things. *hopes and prays* http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28315854-New-Set-Top-Box-firmware-rollout
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.