disankey's profile

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 2:53 PM

New on demand Format

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

I've used it enough now that I actually like it.  Maybe it's just me, but it seems to have gotten quicker the more I use it, and I use it A LOT. 

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

mibrnsurg, this change does not speed up the program.

Still slower than molasses in January. The old format was considerably faster, this new one is likely to cause a lot of customers to change over to Dish TV or other service. Also, the movies in premium on demand haven't changed much in two years.

Got to go check on pricing for Dish!!!!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@Sully1c wrote:

mibrnsurg, this change does not speed up the program.

Still slower than molasses in January. The old format was considerably faster, this new one is likely to cause a lot of customers to change over to Dish TV or other service. Also, the movies in premium on demand haven't changed much in two years.

Got to go check on pricing for Dish!!!!

Apparently, you are not familiar with how On Demand works with Dish.

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

I had Directv and there ondemand is a lot slower and lot of times would not work i am sure Dish ondemand is the same way Uverse ondemand is not that slow to me and works fine .

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

@InHou wrote:

While many of us have expressed that we would REALLY appreciate slow motion frame-by-frame capability (like Comcast has), Uverse has evidentally found better ways to spend time fixing something that isn't broken.

The new On Demand format is HORRIBLY SLOW and SO ANNOYING.  This is a deal-breaker for my household.  Whereas the format used to be simple and straightforward, easy to navigate and choose a movie, now you get to wait for ONE MINUTE for it to load, ONE MINUTE for the first row of movie jackets (that you cannot read, even if you have a 55 inch HD television) to load, ONE MINUTE MORE to load the next set of movie jackets that you cannot read, then ANOTHER MINUTE of "please wait" while the information loads for you to just read the movie blurb!  God forbid that you decide not to view the movie, because then you get to start the entire FIVE MINUTE PROCESS just to pick another movie that you may or may not decide to watch.

NO WAY, AT&T HOUSTON!!!  COMCAST, WE ARE COMING BACK TO YOU - AFTER 3 YEARS OF UVERSE!

Have you done a reboot to clean all the junk out of the memory?  That could help, Thursday I got a 2250 replacing my original 1216.  The 2250 is very fast as I notice it has 48000 KB of memory, the 1216 only had 8-9000 KB of memory.

I don't have any problem w/On Demand or Search.  On Demand you can turn it back into a list version.  After the first right arrow, look in the lower left border for 3 small icons, the bottom will turn it back into a list version. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

11 years ago

It shouldn't take 30-75 seconds to bring up one screen like it does now. And why is the search feature bringing up shows that I can't record because I'm not subscribed? Blocking stuff from the program guide was a major reason why I dropped my old provider.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

@bmsmb wrote:

I just got the updated on demand download and now I cannot view any on demand video on my XBox (it works fine on my other receiver.)

I get a message "This video is currently unavailable or has been removed from U-verse On Demand.  Please try again later."  This is on every video, even the u-verse help videos.

Why was this post moved here?!?!  I'm not complaining about the new On-Demand, I need help getting it to work on my XBox.  @Taylarie moved it here "for better exposure",  but now my post gets buried in a pile of complaints.     

I can load the interface, but all of the videos say "This video is currently unavailable or has been removed from U-verse On Demand.  Please try again later."  These videos work on my other receiver.  I've rebooted my XBox and reset my system from the options menu.  Any suggestions?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Might try a unplug/plug in 30 second reboot of the RG to try and get On Demand on the Xbox. 😉

Chris

Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@bmsmb wrote:

@bmsmb wrote:

I just got the updated on demand download and now I cannot view any on demand video on my XBox (it works fine on my other receiver.)

I get a message "This video is currently unavailable or has been removed from U-verse On Demand.  Please try again later."  This is on every video, even the u-verse help videos.

Why was this post moved here?!?!  I'm not complaining about the new On-Demand, I need help getting it to work on my XBox.  @Taylarie moved it here "for better exposure",  but now my post gets buried in a pile of complaints.     

I can load the interface, but all of the videos say "This video is currently unavailable or has been removed from U-verse On Demand.  Please try again later."  These videos work on my other receiver.  I've rebooted my XBox and reset my system from the options menu.  Any suggestions?

Someone posted the same issue on the dslreports.com forum:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28321084-New-on-demand-UI-doesn-t-work-on-XBox

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Sounds like that user on DSLReports rebooted the DVR (and not the RG) as he stated he did from the Options menu. 😉

Chris

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.