disankey's profile

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 2:53 PM

New on demand Format

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

When you make the first right arrow , look on left border and see 3 icons, bottom 1 will change it back to a list version.

For me, it loads in 5-10 seconds, then everything moves very fast on my replacement 2250. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

It works fine to me what i like about it is the new instant queue i had it few days now and gotten use it not that as slow as people claiming it to be .

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Wow mibrnsurg! THANK YOU! Smiley Happy

You'd think that, in the 34 minutes I was on the phone with AT&T Uverse technical support person, he would have TOLD ME that!  Instead, now I have to call and cancel the service repairman appointment that the tech support guy scheduled to come to my house.  After rebooting my system and restarting it a couple of times from his end, he determined that I must have a "latency problem."  He had no idea of the new On Demand format I described to him.  Geesh.

Typical.  AT&T left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

THANKS AGAIN, mibrnsurg! Smiley Happy

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

You can add movies and shows to your queue the old format did not have it i am getting use to it the new ondemand its fine to me .

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I agree, it's horrible, slow, and smaller font harder to read...Looks like netflix, couldn't they be more originial? 

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

@InHou wrote:

You'd think that, in the 34 minutes I was on the phone with AT&T Uverse technical support person, he would have TOLD ME that!  Instead, now I have to call and cancel the service repairman appointment that the tech support guy scheduled to come to my house.  After rebooting my system and restarting it a couple of times from his end, he determined that I must have a "latency problem."  He had no idea of the new On Demand format I described to him.  Geesh.

You're welcome.  Many times here we've given the solution when TS/CS is clueless (even if they understand). Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@InHou wrote:

Many of the CSRs don't have UVerse so they have no way of knowing what you are seeing.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

i am having the exact same issue, i have called multiple times.

the issue began immediatly after the update to the on demand ui, ive been told by tech support twice tickets would be put in, call backs have not been done. And they seem to always blame it on my xbox. I've seen about 10 other posts on 3rd party forums were people are having the same issue, i have realized you are the only post on ATT's forums because their tech support is worthless. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I just wanted to reply and voice my displeasure as well. The On Demand service is extremely slow. It took me long enough to figure out how to breeze through it and now it's so slow I won't bother with it.

WILL ATT GIVE DISCOUNTS TO THOSE OF US WHO BASICALLY HAVE NO ON DEMAND SERVICE DUE TO REFUSING TO DEAL WITH SUCH A MIND-NUMBINGLY SLOW PRODUCT.

Sure, it looks great, but it runs like CRAP.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Same issue on my XBox 360, called tech support.  Was told that the new On Demand does not work with the existing U-Verse application - guess someone failed to test this when they did the On Demand update. Best case is that that they will push out a new UVerse App at some point in the future to resolve this.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.