New on demand Format

Mentor

New on demand Format

[ Edited ]

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

 

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

 

Message 1 of 301 (21,713 Views)

Re: Please roll back my software and don't update me any more


BeeBeeSA wrote:

I kind of like it!! Smiley Surprised  But albeit a little slower to "get where your going".  Providers have to update their offerings to keep up with the others out there.  If we were all stagnant we will still be driving cars from the 80's and 90's, have tube TV's, and be passed by.  Just sayin.  Some don't like change but it's inevitable. 


I like it as well.  It seems to get quicker after you use it more.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 106 of 301 (2,122 Views)
Tutor

Re: New on demand Format Sucks

Why should we do that??? We are already paying for it. We should drop at&t and just do netflix then
Message 107 of 301 (2,329 Views)
Contributor

Re: New on demand Format Sucks

Thanks for the tip on how to change it back to list view.  The poster view is horrible, and should not be the default by any means.  Very few U-verse customers probably even know about these boards, so I hate to think that there are so many people out there having to suffer through this atrocity.  Even with list view it is still terribly slow.  Is there any way that the old system can get restored?

Message 108 of 301 (2,264 Views)
Tutor

Re: New on demand Format Sucks

How do you still have the "old" model, since ATT did NOT give me a choice - it was just switched.

Message 109 of 301 (2,243 Views)
Tutor

Re: New on demand Format Sucks

Does anyone from ATT who has some authority ever get feedback from these boards?  If so I would think they would wake up and take us back a couple of weeks to the land of easy and easy.

Message 110 of 301 (2,241 Views)
Scholar

Re: New on demand Format Sucks

I guess i am lucky i live in Athens, GA Uverse here still has the old format for now and i hope they don't install new ondemand here .
Message 111 of 301 (2,235 Views)
Community Support

Re: The Uverse update this past weekend sucks. .

Hi Trax32,

Just wanted to check in and let you know that we received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you.

Thanks!

Nicole K.
AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 112 of 301 (2,167 Views)
Highlighted

Re: The Uverse update this past weekend sucks. .

It's a "if it ain't broke don't fix it"
Message 113 of 301 (2,110 Views)

Re: Please roll back my software and don't update me any more

This is NOT a update. I can see Comcast making TV ads about this mess right now

Message 114 of 301 (2,052 Views)

Re: New on demand Format Sucks

Whom ever thought this was a good idea need to get hit with a sock full of pennies

Message 115 of 301 (2,194 Views)

Re: New On Demand GUI is terrible

I bet it's too many subs on At&t's underbuilt Uverse network

Message 116 of 301 (2,189 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Please roll back my software and don't update me any more

I'd love to know what makes any user decide that they are above getting updates compared to everyone else. 

 

I'd love to see AT&T offer a no-upgrade option similar to how Sony and Microsoft offer updates to their game consoles.  What I mean by this is that you're able to not update your device, but the moment we decide to cahnge a system around we won't offer any support for you unless you update.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 117 of 301 (2,005 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: New on demand Format Sucks


maryjack1 wrote:

Does anyone from ATT who has some authority ever get feedback from these boards?  If so I would think they would wake up and take us back a couple of weeks to the land of easy and easy.


Yes, AT&T Forum moderators do monitor these forums.  Unfortunately they have been eerily silent on this and some other hot button issues.  You will see them involved more in Billing and CS type issues where it is only dealing with a single subscriber and not something that affects 4+ million subscribers.  I am 99% sure that the mods do force feed AT&T managent with these issues but they (I'm sure) can't directly undo something, this big.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 118 of 301 (2,123 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Please roll back my software and don't update me any more


americangame wrote:

I'd love to know what makes any user decide that they are above getting updates compared to everyone else

 

I'd love to see AT&T offer a no-upgrade option similar to how Sony and Microsoft offer updates to their game consoles.  What I mean by this is that you're able to not update your device, but the moment we decide to cahnge a system around we won't offer any support for you unless you update.


I just wish that they would have done some usability testing / or surveying, beforehand.  Some like it, many don't.  I think that it's a not so slick, gimmick.  Netflix, she ain't.  At any rate, remember that many web developers tinker with website design and in many cases they put up a link "To revert back to the old styled page, click here."  In many instances, designers rolled back the web page because 75% or more of users opted for the old way.  AT&T must know that folks don't care for it, or there would not be surveys on the subject.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 119 of 301 (1,936 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Please roll back my software and don't update me any more


dhascall wrote:

americangame wrote:

I'd love to know what makes any user decide that they are above getting updates compared to everyone else

 

I'd love to see AT&T offer a no-upgrade option similar to how Sony and Microsoft offer updates to their game consoles.  What I mean by this is that you're able to not update your device, but the moment we decide to cahnge a system around we won't offer any support for you unless you update.


I just wish that they would have done some usability testing / or surveying, beforehand.  Some like it, many don't.  I think that it's a not so slick, gimmick.  Netflix, she ain't.  At any rate, remember that many web developers tinker with website design and in many cases they put up a link "To revert back to the old styled page, click here."  In many instances, designers rolled back the web page because 75% or more of users opted for the old way.  AT&T must know that folks don't care for it, or there would not be surveys on the subject.


Sometimes change is necessary. Facebook does redesigns about once a year. What happens there is people will complain for about 2 weeks then get used to it. I do agree that the new layout should have had more testing done, espcially to see what would happen to all devices (including xboxes).

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 120 of 301 (1,920 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.