disankey's profile

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 2:53 PM

New on demand Format

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

I agree @americangame i hope Uverse fixes the problems before other customers get this new interface .

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I'm not sure of what updates ATT did this weekend but our On Demand is terrible...and so is the customer service that we spoke to on Sunday...they blamed our issues of not being able to purchase a movie ( because it kept saying not available ) on our Apple products in the house...where in the world did an answer like that come from ?...we have had Apple computers for 3 years !  Then the techs came to the house today and said it isn't an issue with the hardware but an issue with ATT itself...so where does that leave everyone ?..they don't know what it is and they have no idea when it will be fixed !  We are seriously thinking of going back to Xfinity...and they have no set limits of money on accounts so you can get 100 pay perview movies a month if you want !

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

I just got the updated on demand download and now I cannot view any on demand video on my XBox (it works fine on my other receiver.)

I get a message "This video is currently unavailable or has been removed from U-verse On Demand.  Please try again later."  This is on every video, even the u-verse help videos.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Really AT&T...you can't even see the listings from across the room.  Whoever came up with this idea / format should be fired.  What a lack of customer insight!  Looks like Netflix...but worse interface...once you select a movie...you can't even scroll titles from there...you have to go all the way back.

I wish I still had Comcast!  Trapped with this crappy interface in my building.  I'd switch in a minute if I could.

Good luck AT&T...I never recommend your service and now you've made my decision easier.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Who at AT&T came up with the idea that this change was needed, it was perfectly fine the way it was, now it takes WAY WAY longer to do anything with the On Demand section, it's horrible, didn't anyone over there notice this before they decided to make this change?  Have you ever heard the saying, "if it isn't broke don't fix it?", this change is a perfect example of it.  I really hope you guys change it back but I doubt you will. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah I would never recommend AT&T to anyone now with this new interface, that article about changing it from the poster to the list view helps, but it doesn't help the fact that everything takes so much longer to load now, before things loaded almost instantly, now I have that little circle thing in the corner spinning, & it's not just the On Demand that's changed, now the more showtimes takes forever.  Please change back or get everyone better hardware so things don't take forever to load.

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

here we go again, but first let me reiterate....MY post, before it was moved, was more abut the impossibility to set recordings and the crappy new guide. But hey, just toss it wherever you feel like, lump any complaints together and hope nobody reads anything other than cheeleader posts touting "how great uverse is"

it's not like ATT will address their complete failure in installing this 'upgrade' or acknowledge their complete lack of customer care or service, or even provide a proper way to voice complaints.

And really, posting here expecting ATT to fix their mistake is about as futile as trying to get my uverse to work as it did a week ago, so I'm not sure why I even bother. Misery loves company I guess.

I digress....

17 mins spent earlier to try to search and set up a series record for a new show starting may 29. and COULD NOT COMPLETE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First the new guide takes forever to load, then actually search. Next it's the new series record tab which lists whatever it feels like for a time option, which  btw isn't correct for ANY time listed for the show. So i try that just to see, or just to get it to set anything as a reminder hoping to fix it later , since that seems the new norm.... and it flakes out and gives me:

"Television service temporarily unavailable." OVER and OVER again.

What time I have to watch tv, is now being spent wrestling you're lousy box into submission, usually just resulting in failure, and resisting the urge to destroy your box with the remote. Enough is enough

You know whats going to be unavailable? ALL OF YOUR CUSTOMERS!!

ATT, you have one last shot ...I'm calling retention tomorrow, speaking to someone that resides in the U.S. and speaks proper engilsh. I'm paying a boatload for u450, top speed web, i still have a landline, and our cells are also ATT. That's a lot of $$$ I spend every month to be treated like some schmuck when I try to get answers or speak to someone who can comprehend and understand english.

If I'm getting less service and more aggravation than before....I'm paying less. They're going to reduce my bill or I'm gone. I suggest everyone else does the same. The only way to get the point into their thick greedy heads is through their wallets.

Like the other poster said before, I used to recommend uverse to everyone I knew, no longer. What am I supposed to say?....it looks really cool, it doesn't work right half the time, customer care is useless and insulting...but wow, it sure is neat. Oh, and it will cost you a fortune with little value and raise your blood pressure...hurry up and call.

The few shortcomings uverse had when i made the switch vs. my charter were minimal, I initially saw a savings...and I really disliked charter, their outsourcing and foreign based cust. service and I was looking forward to all the bells and whistles ATT promised, and has never lived up to.

Now, comparatively, I pay more than I would be with charter or dish, you're outsourcing just as they did, and the service all around has went to crap.

Anyone that says to chill out and wait, well ATT can compensate me for my patience, This sissy, submissive love affair with greedy corporate America is what is killing this country and what little is left for customer service or value for dollars spent on over inflated, so called 'service' at all. They've gotten away with it for so long that they don't even bother any longer. As long as people keep making payments while accepting less, less is all we will ever get.

No contracts on my uverse or cell phones, nothing preventing me from pulling the plug!

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

Well luckily my state of Georgia has not put the new interface ondemand yet hopefully they heard all the problems with it and wont install it here .

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

I had Directv there ondemand was slow as Christmas why would Uverse want to make the ondeamd slow does not make any sense to me .

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

Here comes a breakdown my comments will be in red. 
@IBEW1 wrote:

here we go again, but first let me reiterate....MY post, before it was moved, was more abut the impossibility to set recordings and the crappy new guide. But hey, just toss it wherever you feel like, lump any complaints together and hope nobody reads anything other than cheeleader posts touting "how great uverse is"

The major update did nothing to the guide. The update made changes to search and VOD.

it's not like ATT will address their complete failure in installing this 'upgrade' or acknowledge their complete lack of customer care or service, or even provide a proper way to voice complaints.

There are several ways to contact AT&T directly. You could try calling them, or using the "Contact us" page found after logging into your account.

And really, posting here expecting ATT to fix their mistake is about as futile as trying to get my uverse to work as it did a week ago, so I'm not sure why I even bother. Misery loves company I guess.

I digress....

17 mins spent earlier to try to search and set up a series record for a new show starting may 29. and COULD NOT COMPLETE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you posted this, guide data wasn't avaliable beyond 7pm CST on the 29th. If your show is scheduled to air after then you wouldn't have been able to set a recording then. Try again today, as the guide data is updated to 5/30 at 7pm.

First the new guide takes forever to load, then actually search. Next it's the new series record tab which lists whatever it feels like for a time option, which  btw isn't correct for ANY time listed for the show. So i try that just to see, or just to get it to set anything as a reminder hoping to fix it later , since that seems the new norm.... and it flakes out and gives me:

"Television service temporarily unavailable." OVER and OVER again.

This sounds like a techinical issue, espcially since it's effecting your guide. Try resetting your DVR/STB and Gateway and see if that resolves your issue. The boxes and gateway are still computers and need resetting every once in a while.

This is a peer-to-peer user forum. Almost everyone on here is a customer like you. People with authority over AT&T service does very little monitoring of this board. Have you tried contacting Customer Support or called them yet? If you're expecting progress by posting something on a message board you're in for a large amount of disappointment.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.