disankey's profile

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 2:53 PM

New on demand Format

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

worst gui every... performance is terrible... completely unintuitive.... what the heck is wrong with the management at ATT that they approved this?

had problems with cell phone service with ATT - cancelled

had problems with satelite service with ATT - cancelled

had problems with home phone service with ATT - cancelled

had problems with DSL internet service with ATT - cancelled

what was i freakin thinking... uverse with ATT? cancelled as soon as i can...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Could not agree more.  The new interface is not only slower but when you are looking for something like a specific episode of a premium channel series, they have now removed the year and episode numbers and replaced them with the episode names making it much harder to find what you want.  PLEASE ATT, listen to your customers and change it back.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I completely agree!  The new interface for "On Demand" is painfully slow, cumbersome, and a huge mistake.  It is far from user friendly, as it runs too slow and takes forever to load the movies to find one you want.  Can you say time to switch to Netflix? 

Also, the parental controls are useless.  The "Adult Only" category now appears on the "On Demand" screen, so my kids can read categories like "Quickies" and "Hot S-x" even with the parental controls in place.  Really?  This is family friendly? 

AT&T has screwed up yet again!  As consumers, we have choices.  So, it's time to make another choice. 

Scholar

• 

276 Messages

11 years ago

I like it so my choice is to keep it.

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

I use Roku so i don't use ondemand that much have Netflix , Amazon prime , and HBO Go i just use it to watch Starz and Showtime ondemand that's about it .

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Got the new interface today. The real bad news for me is that it breaks the Search. Needed ro search for more showtimes because the series recording does not work on some shows.

After pressing OK, the circle of death started & ended saying search is not available - try again.

This software should never have been deployed if it does not work. This is a five year setback in product.

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

May be with so many people not liking this new ondemand interface hopefully there is enough complaints about it AT&T will scrap it they need to stop it be for it gets worse .

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

While I do like the new layout of the VOD interface, the load time for it to start working is insane, espcially since it interferes with using the search function. They do need to work out the kinks and speed up load times.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

AFAIK, still no "upgrade" in Indianapolis.  This is one that I will not be looking forward to getting.  The GUI interface has been slow for months and now it appears it will be even slower.  Great! Smiley Mad

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T needs to scrap it or make it better before they add it to any more systems .
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.