New on demand Format

Mentor

New on demand Format

[ Edited ]

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Message 1 of 301 (21,662 Views)
Professor

Re: New interface for on-demand

I have not seen a change to OnDemand. Are you talking about the online interface at http://uverseonline.att.net/

People, you need to clarify what you are exactly talking about, because it helps in better explaining what you are talking about.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 301 (17,212 Views)
Expert

The new OnDemand interface has not been rolled out everywhere yet. Many people still have the older interface.

I still have the older interface in the Houston, TX area.
Message 18 of 301 (17,199 Views)
Scholar

This is first i have heard of new format i quess there trying to make it easy to find shows and movies .

Message 19 of 301 (17,187 Views)
Professor

If it is going towards the Netflix or Amazon OnDemand type interface, then yes I would say it could be mixed reactions. Especially with those who hate change or alway have something to cpalin about, even though it may be for the better.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

I agree
Message 21 of 301 (17,156 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

Some of the decisions that AT&T comes up with are quite baffling.  I have long wondered if they actually use focus groups or somehow engage actual users ( besides simple surveys) before implementing something.  They have a good pool of participants here (both veterans and newcomers).  They honestly can't learn their customers JUST through surveys.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 22 of 301 (17,067 Views)

Had messages on my boxes today when I got home.  DFW now has the new On Demand interface.  Don't mind the design since I use Netflix and Amazon Prime on my Roku, I just wish it was quicker. It really is much slower than before.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 23 of 301 (16,992 Views)
Teacher

cclendinen wrote:

In the last week you changed the interface for the on-demand for Uverse to a very graphical interface.

I find it very time consuming to use as comparied to the previous interface that was text based.  I don't need pictures of the shows.  Please return to the text based interface or give us an option.!!!!!

ugh!!! the new interface is terrible!!! please make it go away!!!

Message 24 of 301 (16,906 Views)
Teacher

I heard about this new interface from a friend I want it is there any video reviews on youtube for the new look? i've looked but can't find anything but this it would be nice to see a video review of the new look

Message 25 of 301 (16,763 Views)
ACE - Expert

Message 26 of 301 (16,696 Views)
Teacher

thanks

Message 27 of 301 (16,669 Views)
ACE - Master

Still have the old, "fast" interface, in Indianapolis, Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 301 (16,612 Views)
ACE - Expert

Still here too in metro Detroit, they did re-do it about 6-9 months ago, regrouping the Free Shows in a different way.  It wasn't hard to figure out though. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 29 of 301 (16,515 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

now we just need a netflix app hmmmmmm

Message 30 of 301 (16,499 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.