disankey's profile

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 2:53 PM

New on demand Format

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

11 years ago

now we just need a netflix app hmmmmmm

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

@tazoman78 wrote:

now we just need a netflix app hmmmmmm

You'll never see a Netflix app on a U-Verse STB (or any other cable companies boxes either). Netflix directly competes with U-Verse's VOD offerings.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

11 years ago

so sad only if companies worked together the money they could make together would be great LOL

Guru

• 

785 Messages

11 years ago

Though I won't be surprise to  see ATT own screen pack app on UVerse in the future

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

I now have the new On Demand interface in the Houston, TX area.

Seriously, I could actually ride a giant tortoise to the movie theater faster than I could find a movie on this thing.

Giant Tortoise

1 Attachment

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

11 years ago

The SEARCH function has been replaced too. 

1) It's now very slooowww.

2) It returns the times of shows in standard time. When you press OK to record a show the time reverts to daylight savings.

3) It often take 2 presses of the OK button on a selected program to get to the record menu.

4) It returns dates up to 14 days in advance, but the guide only has about 13, so you can't record that 14-days-in-the-future item.

5) The MORE SHOWTIMES function usually returns an error, so I have go back to the main search function and search from there.

6) If I cancel a recording, then press BACK to return to the list of more showtimes, the red dot is still on the showtime I just canceled.

Who tests this stuff before it's released?  Anybody? Does Uverse have a Quality Assurance group?

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

11 years ago

SomeJoe,
Is that one of the Comcast Slowskys?

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

@ethanedwards wrote:
SomeJoe,
Is that one of the Comcast Slowskys?

Could be, but I think even Comcast might be faster than this On Demand interface. Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I really hate the new uverse on demand setup OMG its the worst it takes longer to find a movie you don'nt know what's going on moving back and forward I just upgraded with the uverse screen pak because I enjoyed going through looking at all my options of movies, but with this new change I don't want to even go to on demand anymore. its so bad, who ever designed this it SUCKS, you went from a good and easy face set up to something crazy, harder to find a movie, takes longer to find a movie, you don'nt want to go through all the trouble this new system  takes to look for a movie. att paid some one to mess up something that did not need to be messed with, I use to look forward to coming home going to my u-verse on demand, now I just feel like crying I will be deleting my upgrade its just not worth it with this new face lift. a lot of big boxes poping up, so fustrating.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

This change is the worst what is really happening, I think the decision makers at att are all on crack

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.