disankey's profile

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 2:53 PM

New on demand Format

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@egaillo wrote:
New on demand 'feature' impossible to read. What happened to the listing in text? I tried to get a listing from att website and cannot get a text listing. Cannot find any cinemax on demand listing. Please revert back to former display!

The list view us still available:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB419810#fbid=Uu_RHFYtnuv

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Hello everyone!  Thanks for all the feedback on this topic, we appreciate it.

Did you know that you can change the view? You can actually switch from the ‘Poster View’ to the ‘List View’ format by following the steps below.

1. Select the ‘On Demand’ button on the remote control
  2. Select a menu item from the vertical menu bar on the left hand side of the TV screen (ex: U-verse Movies)
  3. Scroll left then scroll down using the arrow keys on your remote control to select ‘Switch to List View’

Users can toggle back to ‘Poster View’ using the same steps.

More info on this topic can be found at:U-verse TV On Demand display options 

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Agreed.  Needs to at least have the option to switch back to the classic interface.  Things take way too long to load and you can't see the titles unless it is highlighted.

Guru

• 

644 Messages

11 years ago

It is slow when i try loading the U-bar...

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

11 years ago

Slow, Slow and slower. And has slowed down everything from changing channels to well, EVERYTHING!

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

Ondemand format does not bother me that much i mostly use it watch HBO or Starz ondemand if you want full seaons of shows my advise would be to sign up for Netflix or Amazon Prime i use both and there great .

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Tmhcch wrote:

Agreed.  Needs to at least have the option to switch back to the classic interface.  Things take way too long to load and you can't see the titles unless it is highlighted.

Here's an article that can help you switch the interface - https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB419810

Thanks for the feedback on the new interface, I appreciate it!

Guru

• 

365 Messages

11 years ago

Great article! Thanks for sharing it!

Scholar

• 

112 Messages

11 years ago

@jamileh wrote:

@Tmhcch wrote:

Here's an article that can help you switch the interface - https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB419810

Thanks for the feedback on the new interface, I appreciate it!

Is there anyone for those without the new interface able to get it....or is a roll out type of thing?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Linkgx1 - I am thinking it is rollout because I have the old one & followed the directions to switch, but it did not switch. The directions do not make sense to me because it says press the OK button. The OK button selects whatever is highlighted.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.