New Channels!!!!!

Expert

New Channels!!!!!

[ Edited ]

In Dallas, I see the following new channels in the Guide with the message COMING SOON:

37 - U-verse Shopping 6

196 - U-verse Shopping 7

228 - U-verse Shopping 8

367 - U-verse Shopping 9

471 - U-verse Shopping 10

580 - U-verse Shopping 11

800 - AT&T U-verse Showcase

909 - Encore MoviePlex (Starplex)

1266 - National Geographic Wild HD

1535 - Fuse Network HD

1654 - Fox Soccer Channel HD

1656 - GolTV HD

1762 - Fox Sports Net Arizona HD

1800 - U-verse Showcase

Message 1 of 69 (4,712 Views)
Mentor

Re: New Channels!!!!!

Wait, they're removing channels now? This is so totally lame now! There goes my TV schedule for the past 3 years.

Message 31 of 69 (2,373 Views)
Expert

ManuelM wrote:

Wait, they're removing channels now? This is so totally lame now! There goes my TV schedule for the past 3 years.

Huh?

Message 32 of 69 (2,371 Views)
Scholar

I stumbled upon 1654 thursday night and quickly pleasured myself while staring at the "coming soon" on the screen. Now the problem will be dvr space.

Message 33 of 69 (2,333 Views)

texasguy37 wrote:

CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

We're also going to get west coast feeds of MTV and VH1.  I hope U-verse doesn't drop the east coast feeds and holds on to them, just like they do with TBS and TNT.  I don't like watching the Video and Movies awards shows on three-hour delays.  Two years ago when I had Cox Communications, they dropped the east coast feeds for MTV and VH1.

The "east" feeds will be dropped in your region:

That sucks.

Message 34 of 69 (2,289 Views)
Expert

Well, that is the way it is with most east/west feeds for the channels.

Message 35 of 69 (2,281 Views)
Expert

Smiley Surprised

Message 36 of 69 (2,237 Views)
Mentor

It really sucks first time they EVER drop a West for an East. And it actually affects me! Smiley Sad
Message 37 of 69 (2,167 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

ManuelM wrote:
It really sucks first time they EVER drop a West for an East. And it actually affects me! Smiley Sad

The West feeds are not being dropped for the East feeds.  The opposite is happening in the western states.  It's not the first time that the West feeds have replaced East feeds in the western states.

Message 38 of 69 (2,162 Views)
Professor

If they end up dropping TNT and TBS west feeds in the eastern states, that'll really be bad. Considering we only get 3 HD streams into the DVR, having those extra options makes things a lot easier to record.

Message 39 of 69 (2,126 Views)

[ Edited ]

So I guess I can forget about watching live broadcasts of the MTV Movie Awards and the MTV Video Music Awards.  I now have to settle for three-hour delays meaning I won't be able to watch any wardrobe malfunctions or hear any "F" bombs on live TV.  This pretty much negates the joy of getting Fuse HD.

Speaking of east/west feeds, I thought it also sucked that Congress passed and Clinton signed into law 12 years ago that prohibed subscribers of both Direct TV and the Dish Network from receiving live east coast and west coast feeds from the four commercial network stations in New York and Los Angeles.  I was looking forward to watching the evening news at 3:30pm and "Saturday Night Live" at 8:30pm.

Message 40 of 69 (1,955 Views)
Expert

I would imagine that the local network affiliates would felt that they would be hurt if you are watching the network feeds from New York or Los Angeles instead of the feed from the local stations.  It's the same argument used for some of the sports blackouts.

Message 41 of 69 (2,153 Views)
Professor

It's now Monday!!
Message 42 of 69 (2,116 Views)
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author texasguy37
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

[ Edited ]

FSC HD and Gol HD are now live in DFW.

Just did a quick check and all the new channels are now live.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 43 of 69 (2,078 Views)
Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author texasguy37
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

The following channels are now live:

367 - U-verse Shopping 9

471 - U-verse Shopping 10

800 - AT&T U-verse Showcase

909 - Encore MoviePlex (Starplex)

943 - Encore Espanol

1266 - National Geographic Wild HD

1535 - Fuse Network HD

1654 - Fox Soccer Channel HD

1656 - GolTV HD

1762 - Fox Sports Net Arizona HD

1800 - U-verse Showcase

The following channels are not live:

37 - U-verse Shopping 6

196 - U-verse Shopping 7 

228 - U-verse Shopping 8

580 - U-verse Shopping 11

Message 44 of 69 (2,062 Views)
Mentor

What's up with all of the shopping channels? What an annoyance. Seriously, how many of these things are there now? Must be over 20.

Message 45 of 69 (2,049 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.