New Channels - PAC 12 Channels

I see new channels in the Guide:

759 - PAC 12 Network - National

760 - PAC 12 Network - Bay Area

761 - PAC 12 Network - Los Angeles

1759 - PAC 12 Network - National HD

1760 - PAC 12 Network - Bay Area HD

1761 - PAC 12 Network - Los Angeles HD

If you don't see the channels in your Guide, reboot your receivers.

Message 1 of 54 (6,127 Views)
Tutor

Re: New Channels - PAC 12 Channels

I saw the channels on my guide today and subscribed to the Sports package several hours ago (on U-200 in San Diego 92122). I still get that I am not subscribed despite the Account Manager application saying that changes would take effect in 30 minutes, and that I have rebooted my RG about an hour ago. Any thoughts on how to get the channel activated?

I was not subscribed to the Sports package until this morning, and since I subscribed I have access to the CBS Sports channel, which was previously not subscribed. So I know that the Sports package has been applied to my account.

Message 16 of 54 (5,222 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

Are you sure that the Pac 12 channels are part of the Sports Package?  I have not seen any information as to what packages these channels have been placed in.

Message 17 of 54 (5,210 Views)
Tutor

That was based on an (admittedly convoluted) online chat who eventually said that the network is available on the Sports package, and when I was looking at the channel lineup to see what package I needed to subscribe to, it said that the Pac-12 Networks would be available as an "Option" for U-200 and it is listed as a Premium channel for U-200. When I search the Sports package specifically the Pac-12 Network doesn't show up, but I can't figure out what packages it might be in.

Message 18 of 54 (5,196 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

Have you tried rebooting the U-verse recever connected to the TV?

Message 19 of 54 (5,182 Views)
Tutor

Yes, that was the first thing I tried. I rebooted the receiver, that didn't work, so I rebooted my gateway, that didn't work, I tried another TV without luck. I went on to chat since I don't have enough minutes on my cell phone plan to try the phone customer support. It took 30 minutes before I gave up trying to convince them that indeed U-verse now carries the Pac-12 network (They were reciting old lines of AT&T refusing to pass along unreasonable costs to the customer). Right when I gave up and asked them to remove the Sports package, they said "Good news I just found out the Pac-12 network is available on the Sports package". They said they added it back and gave me a month free, but it still doesn't work (suprise). CBS Sports is still working, though. I just restarted the second receiver, no change. I would restart the RG again but that would kick me out of chat (which the representative might actually prefer...)

Message 20 of 54 (5,172 Views)
Expert

Sounds like you have already done everything that I would suggest.  I'm not sure what's causing the problem.

This won't help you today, but if you can't get this resolved, please send a PM to AT&T Customer Care who can help get your issue resolved.  Also, check the settings on your account to make sure that you will receive email notification when a PM is received on this forum.

Message 21 of 54 (5,166 Views)
Tutor

Thanks. The representative now says it is only available on U300, and not on the Sports package, at least in my zip code. The online channel listing shows 759-761 as only available with U300, but 1759-1761 as available on both U300 and U200 with the HD Tech upgrade (http://www.att.com/channellineup/u-verse/channel-lineup.jsp?locale=en_US&mode=&flag=&zipcode=92122&c...

A lot of confusion here. It sounds like they may offer to upgrade me to U300 for a few months free which will work, but I don't know that $15 extra a month will be worth it for the Pac 12 networks after football season is over.

Message 22 of 54 (5,160 Views)
Expert

Sounds like something is screwed up with your zip code.  It may be due to the fact that they had to rush today to get things setup to broadcast the channel.

Message 23 of 54 (5,130 Views)
Explorer

I plugged in various zip codes in the U-verse channel lineup website and came up with the following:

In the LA and Bay areas, Pac-12 is part of U200

In California, outside of the LA and Bay areas, Pac-12 is part of U300

Outside of California, Pac-12 is part of the sports package

Jim

Message 24 of 54 (5,111 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

based on the att website channel lineups, these channels are in the hd premium tier out of market, like the various fox and comcast rsn's. I don't see anything about u300.

unless they changed it since yesterday...

Message 25 of 54 (4,861 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am also a fellow San Diegan with U200. No one seems to know how to get these channels, it's ridiculous. Things tried yesterday that didn't work:

1) Sports Package - I left this on because they are doing a 1-month free promotion right now

2) HD Premium Tier - gave me other HD Premium Channels, but this did not get me Pac-12

3) U300 - the lady insisted this would work. It did not. I gave it all night.

It appears that the only thing that would work is the U450 - my San Diego friend has this, and is receiving the Pac-12 network with no other packages. But I don't want to pay an extra $50 a month.

LA to the north - my UVerse friends are on U200 and get the channel.

According to the AT&T U Verse Channel Lineup, it should be available on U200. It says Optional and when I click on Optional, it says: "Available with the HD Technology Fee at $10/month." Which I am already doing.

http://www.att.com/u-verse/shop/channel-lineup.jsp

For zip code 92117

It appears they rolled it out much better in the Los Angeles and Bay Areas. Hopefully, they figure out San Diego.

Message 26 of 54 (4,846 Views)
Expert

tj_1 wrote:

based on the att website channel lineups, these channels are in the hd premium tier out of market, like the various fox and comcast rsn's. I don't see anything about u300.

unless they changed it since yesterday...

No, out of market, these channels are in the Sports Package and the U450 Package.  That is the reason that you have both the SD and HD versions of he channels.  If they were in the HD Premium Tier, you would only have the HD versions of the channels.

Also, some parts of California do have these channels in the U300 Package.

Message 27 of 54 (4,826 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

ah, in that case they are not listed as part of the sports package on the website. Sports pkg is part of u450, so there need be no distinction there.

I believe its in U200 in my market....I moved a few weeks ago and now am stuck with COX.

Message 28 of 54 (4,816 Views)
Scholar

I just put your zip code 92117 in and it says u300.

Message 29 of 54 (4,813 Views)
Expert

dodgebruce wrote:

I am also a fellow San Diegan with U200. No one seems to know how to get these channels, it's ridiculous. Things tried yesterday that didn't work:

1) Sports Package - I left this on because they are doing a 1-month free promotion right now

2) HD Premium Tier - gave me other HD Premium Channels, but this did not get me Pac-12

3) U300 - the lady insisted this would work. It did not. I gave it all night.

It appears that the only thing that would work is the U450 - my San Diego friend has this, and is receiving the Pac-12 network with no other packages. But I don't want to pay an extra $50 a month.

LA to the north - my UVerse friends are on U200 and get the channel.

According to the AT&T U Verse Channel Lineup, it should be available on U200. It says Optional and when I click on Optional, it says: "Available with the HD Technology Fee at $10/month." Which I am already doing.

http://www.att.com/u-verse/shop/channel-lineup.jsp

For zip code 92117

It appears they rolled it out much better in the Los Angeles and Bay Areas. Hopefully, they figure out San Diego.

According to the link below, in your zip code, the channels are available in the U300 Package.

https://uma.att.com/general/201-AMSS-X-DMA2-POPUP.html

Message 30 of 54 (4,810 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.