rt123's profile

Scholar

• 

411 Messages

Thursday, April 17th, 2014 2:47 PM

Netflix

Has anybody been having problems with Nextflix buffering constently lately i have been noticing it doing that past couple weeks eveything else is fine on the Roku its just Netflix .

Scholar

• 

125 Messages

10 years ago

I don't have U-Verse Internet. Just U-Verse TV. I'm still with Time Warner for internet. 30mbps down. Netflix runs slow as a shark. I think they throttle Netflix. They were also throttling Youtube and I knew it.

As AT&T isn't exactly in the TV business anywhere near as much as Telephone and Internet (Well I guess now with DirecTV) I wouldn't see a reason for them to throttle Netflix but who knows.

Scholar

• 

411 Messages

10 years ago

Lately Netflix going petty good there has been no interuptions maybe because its Summer everyone on vactaions and there  less volume .

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

Or maybe because Comcast and Verizon have both made deals and moved their traffic off of the overloaded peering partner.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@jeremy1069fm wrote:

I don't have U-Verse Internet. Just U-Verse TV. I'm still with Time Warner for internet. 30mbps down. Netflix runs slow as a shark. I think they throttle Netflix. They were also throttling Youtube and I knew it.

As AT&T isn't exactly in the TV business anywhere near as much as Telephone and Internet (Well I guess now with DirecTV) I wouldn't see a reason for them to throttle Netflix but who knows.

One could argue that AT&T has (according to their own press releases) a competing product in Screen Pack.  They would also rather you spend $4-5-6 per movie on their own VoD service then $9/month on Netflix.  Of course this could be a ply by Netflix to have TV providers pay for better server access.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.