Need some help understanding my network layout for upcomming install

Need some help understanding my network layout for upcomming install

So, I have a scheduled Uverse install this weekend and wanted to run this past you guys. I'm trying to decide how my network needs to be setup to support the STBs and my PCs over wired network.

Here's my current setup

3 TVs with dedicated CAT6 runs to the basement where all my gear is. RG6 is also available but I'm trying to avoid.

4 dedicated CAT6 lines from a PC, XBOX, and 2 Blu-ray players.

6 wireless devices.

From what I can tell the UV Gateway will have 4 ports. can I put the STB directly to the gateway and then put the rest of my devices to a switch and then to the remaining port?

Will that be sufficient to keep the multicast traffic away from my other devices?

Also, I did try to get uverse a couple years ago and I guess I was just outside of range and was told I would have to wait for Pair Bonding installed to be available. Does that throw any wrenches into my plans? I've done some digging and seen some posts where people stated that with the inid setup required for pair bonding that only RG6 is supported for the STBs?

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 19 (1,366 Views)

Re: Need some help understanding my network layout for upcomming install

no go on that address either.

Message 16 of 19 (1,026 Views)

reset the i38hg bridge dealio and still no go. do I need to reset the inid box or something?

Message 17 of 19 (1,015 Views)

so I did the rest on the power unit to ther inid held for 9sec. system rebooted and I was able to get into the config page. 

at that time when I tried getting on the net I got a gateway not authorized error. After about 30sec that error what gone and I could get on the web but then lo and behold I couldn't get to the admin page any more.....ugh. I've never had this much trouble with any of my network gear.

Message 18 of 19 (985 Views)
Highlighted

finally got it work work, took a few reboots of the inid and the i38hg unit inside.

Message 19 of 19 (940 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.