Dawgpound79's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, October 10th, 2014 5:12 PM

NHL Blackout on my locat RSN

Greetings.

I am fairly new to ATT Uverse (about 3 months) and this is my first post.  As some of you may know last night was opening night for most NHL teams, and for some reason when I turned to Fox Sports Ohio (either one) it said the game was blacked out in my area.  This is a channel I have had since day one with Uverse (I live in Toledo, Ohio).  Not sure who I could contact on such an issue (or if I even should) or just wait until Saturday to see what happens with game 2.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Dawgpound79 wrote:

Greetings.

I am fairly new to ATT Uverse (about 3 months) and this is my first post.  As some of you may know last night was opening night for most NHL teams, and for some reason when I turned to Fox Sports Ohio (either one) it said the game was blacked out in my area.  This is a channel I have had since day one with Uverse (I live in Toledo, Ohio).  Not sure who I could contact on such an issue (or if I even should) or just wait until Saturday to see what happens with game 2.

Here's why:

The Zip Code 43607 is the home team territory for the following pro teams:

With the U100 Package and above:

FSN Detroit (Ch.737-SD / Ch.1737-HD)
- NBA: Detroit Pistons
- MLB: Detroit Tigers
- NHL: Detroit Red Wings

FSN Ohio - Cincinnati (Ch.732-SD / Ch.1732-HD)
- MLB: Cincinnati Reds

FSN Ohio - Cleveland (Ch.734-SD / Ch.1734-HD)
- NBA: Cleveland Cavaliers

SportsTime Ohio (Ch.735-SD / Ch.1735-HD)
- MLB: Cleveland Indians

http://www.att.com/gen/sites/iptv?pid=13716

I figured you were in Red Wings territory in Toledo and the Red Wings will be the only team you see except on National Broadcasts, all other RSNs will be blacked out. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Explorer

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

For all of you wanting to check your zip code to see what teams/channels are included with your U-vese package, click on link and enter your zip code. 

http://www.att.com/gen/sites/iptv?pid=13716

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@Dawgpound79 wrote:

Greetings.

@Dawgpound79.  What is your home address zipcode and what teams were playing?

Early in the season, things do get messed up, from time to time.

Welcome! Don't be a stranger on the forums.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

My assumption is that your local NHL team is the Columbus Blue Jackets. Perhaps their game was shown nationally last night on the NBC Sports Network, and so it was blacked out on Fox Sports Ohio. That is just my guess.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

My assumption is that your local NHL team is the Columbus Blue Jackets. Perhaps their game was shown nationally last night on the NBC Sports Network, and so it was blacked out on Fox Sports Ohio. That is just my guess.

It would be the complete opposite, NBCSN would be blacked out and the RSN would show the game.  As I posted above, his home team is the Detroit Red Wings in Toledo.  😉

Chris

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you for the update.  I have never had an RSN included in a package before and have some of the sports teams blacked out (the Reds were on all summer).  NHL website also says I should only get the Red Wings (bleh!)  I guess my issue was actually with my NHL Gamecenter subscription then since it also blacked out the Blue Jackets game.  I will see how it goes Saturday.  The only other thing I can think of is if the game was on the NHL Network (which for some reason isn't on Uverse).  I know for a fact the game was not on NBS Sports Net (they had Colorado and Minnesota I believe). 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Also I am new to Toledo.  The suburb I lived in last winter gave me both Columbus and Detroit on Directv.  Move 10 miles and I lose half my local teams even though I still receive the same channels.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

mibrnsurg, if you wouldn't mind, could you run my zip code and show me the results? My zip: 53404

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Bewitching wrote:
mibrnsurg, if you wouldn't mind, could you run my zip code and show me the results? My zip: 53404

Here you go:

The Zip Code 53404 is the home team territory for the following pro teams:

With the U100 Package and above:

FSN Wisconsin (Ch.744-SD / Ch.1744-HD)
- NBA: Milwaukee Bucks
- MLB: Milwaukee Brewers
- NHL: Minnesota Wild

😉

Chris

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you mibrnsurgmibrnsurg.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.