brtdud7's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, November 30th, 2014 6:09 PM

NFL Redzone price question

Are you allowed to order the HD Premium Tier just on a day-by-day basis, or do you have to pay by the month?

Today is the last day of November and I would like NFL Redzone to watch games today, but it will cost $7 for one day of use if I order it today if it charges monthly. 

Is there any way to order for a single day or get some kind of waiver or something?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@brtdud7 wrote:

Are you allowed to order the HD Premium Tier just on a day-by-day basis, or do you have to pay by the month?

Today is the last day of November and I would like NFL Redzone to watch games today, but it will cost $7 for one day of use if I order it today if it charges monthly. 

Is there any way to order for a single day or get some kind of waiver or something?

Nope $7 for 1 day or 30, might as well just keep it til the end of football season (about 30 days), but order might not go thru today, others's have had problem ordering on Sundays online. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

@brtdud7 wrote:

The HD Premium Tier is probably the only package that U-Verse never offers discounts or promotions for, and NFL RedZone is most likely the reason why. I'd imagine that most people who get that package add it in time for the first NFL Sunday and cancel the day of (or the day after) Week 17 games are complete.

At $7/mo, they know they can make money on it.

The best we can do is call in and ask for promotions or discounts on anything and everything else... use the money we save to add the Premium Tier and we're still ahead of the game. If you add it the Saturday before Week 1 and cancel immediately after Week 17 concludes, it's only about $28 or so at the most which should be less than one month discount on a U-whatever package.

Guru

• 

622 Messages

9 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

The HD Premium Tier is probably the only package that U-Verse never offers discounts or promotions for, and NFL RedZone is most likely the reason why. I'd imagine that most people who get that package add it in time for the first NFL Sunday and cancel the day of (or the day after) Week 17 games are complete.

This year, that's December 28, so $7 gets you NFL Red Zone for the rest of the regular season.  (Next season, Week 17 is on January 3.)

Since there are never two games on at the same time during the postseason (well, except when the end of one game overlaps the beginning of another on a different network), NFL RedZone is not offered during the postseason.

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

9 years ago

@mibrnsurg wrote:

@brtdud7 wrote:

Nope $7 for 1 day or 30,

Isn't the first month (and last) pro-rated to the customer's billing cycle?
Regards.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

@That Don Guy wrote:

@baseballisback wrote:

This year, that's December 28, so $7 gets you NFL Red Zone for the rest of the regular season.  (Next season, Week 17 is on January 3.)

Since there are never two games on at the same time during the postseason (well, except when the end of one game overlaps the beginning of another on a different network), NFL RedZone is not offered during the postseason.

NFL RedZone makes itself fairly clear that the channel only operates for Sunday games during the regular season only. All post-season games are not part of the package. This year, I did notice a few preseason days that were included... I think there was a free preview of the channel, but U-Verse did not take part in the free preview.

And actually... because additional months are pro-rated (so that 2 1/2 months would be $7 times two plus part of a third $7), one day *might* be pro-rated....but I think you have to have a package for one whole month, or else you're paying a small early termination fee.

So yeah...best to plan on having a package for at least one whole month (or very close to it.)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.