Explore & discover

Helpful Links

NFL Network & RedZone are gone

NFL Network & RedZone are gone

Can anyone, preferably from AT&T, tell me if NFL Network & RedZone are no longer being carried on U-verse? At 4:15pm today I tried to go to channels 1629 & 1630, but what I saw was a message saying “This channel is no longer carried” and there was a reference to TVpromise.org. First time I’ve ever seen that message. To me, that isn’t just that the NFL Network is offline with broadcast issues. It’s that U-verse has dropped those two channels. Anyone else have this issue or heard anything about it?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 352
Tutor

Re: NFL Network

This stinks! I watch NFL Network all the time. Tried calling AT&T to voice my displeasure. Both the Customer Service and Technical Support reps I spoke with were clueless. I'll be moving to Spectrum if this isn't corrected soon, so I can watch the draft. 

Message 16 of 352
Contributor

Happened to me too. Immediately called Comcast, and even though I owe a large bill tyo them, I'm switching back to them. Not only that, ATT rasied my monthly bill 4 times within the last year. My charges were $157 per month to begin with, now they charge me $213 per month, giving me various **** excuses as to why the increases.

[word filter avoidance]

Message 17 of 352
Contributor

Pitiful.  A money grab by both AT&T and the NFL.  “Sure, we can reinstate the NFL Network, but we will have to raise your pricing” ... handwriting is on the wall. 

Message 18 of 352
Teacher

Lost here in Burbank, CA too. Can't believe they're no longer available.

Message 19 of 352
Mentor

The 2019 NFL Draft is being televised on ESPN and ABC as well as the NFL Network. 

Message 20 of 352
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTCustomerCare
‎04-15-2019 7:36 PM

Hello Community,

The NFL Network and Red Zone remain available to all fans on DIRECTV. However, as we continue to manage content costs, we could not reach an agreement with the NFL to continue to carry those channels on U-verse and DIRECTV NOW.

Thanks

AT&T Community Team

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 21 of 352

XFinity here I come...SMH, AT&T you are already gouging customers, would it hurt to do right by your customer base for just once?

Message 22 of 352
Mentor

This is the epitome of low class. As others have mentioned, the NFL draft is in 10 days. I have taped Path to the Draft for years. I was settling in to watch tonight's episode when I received the message about NFL Network no longer being available.

I wanted to believe it was a joke. It read like a parody. Seemingly no company could be that clueless and inept. But I never put anything past AT&T on the low end. They similarly dropped Pac 12 Network last fall. I taped at least 20 hours per week on Pac 12 Network, as an alumnus of USC. I complained about that but customer service personnel didn't know what I was talking about, and obviously didn't care. No doubt the same applies here.

I renegotiated my bill in March. This time they through in a early out penalty. I should have realized that meant they were planning multiple screw jobs ahead.

Message 23 of 352
Teacher

I walked in my door to see I no longer had NFL Network or RedZone (that’s what was on my TV when I left) and immediately thought, “Oh, that’s not good and I’m sure AT&T don’t care because they bought Direct TV which offers all the NFL games and they want you to get one of the  Direct TV packages”. Wasn’t interested then and I’m still not. I hope I’m wrong, but I’ve been asked a few times if I wanted to get Diect TV. Why make a deal with someone when one of their services can give you all the games?  My 2 favorite things are the NFL and Christmas movies.  LOVE RedZone. I honestly didn’t think I would, but I do. If I can’t get it with one cable network I will find one that I can. Please fix this, I hate change. 

Message 24 of 352
ACE - Professor

Here's what we know.

AT&T did inform, as evidenced by the link given in one of the first few posts.

It's ten days for them to agree to a new contract. Spectrum, Dish, Xfinity and every other provider have these same contracts expire from time to time. 99% of the time, these contracts are renewed without incident.

Besides...is the draft still on ESPN? Isn't it also on Fox or ABC this year as well?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 25 of 352

You arbitrarily took something away from our basic package...without even an option to continue for an additional price. That's just poor customer service and reflects management's opinion of the customer. I'll be switching to Spectrum as soon as possible.

Message 26 of 352
Mentor

Yes it is is.  I stated that in a post above.  "The 2019 NFL Draft is being televised on ESPN and ABC as well as the NFL Network. ".

Message 27 of 352
ACE - Professor

The money-grab is by NFL Network. AT&T typically wants to keep prices low, but the channels want more money and wider placement.

AT&T's logic is that not everyone is interested in the NFL, so let's put it and RedZone in a higher tier. NFL Network wants higher ratings and more money, so they want to put it in a lower tier.

I negotiate a lower bill on a yearly basis. I've done so for several years. They've always made me sign a contract, as does almost ever other provider. Why do you think new customer rates are so low? ...because it makes getting out of a contract so appealing. The money you may appear to "save" on a lower bill is being spent via ETFs.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 28 of 352
Tutor

That is a huge and unreconcilable mistake AT&T--been with you on Uverse for over 10 years and I will be calling Spectrum tomorrow. Bye bye.

Message 29 of 352
Tutor

Spectrum will pay for your ETF from AT&T!

Message 30 of 352
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support