Do_It_Knightly's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 15th, 2019 8:25 PM

Closed

NFL Network & RedZone are gone

Can anyone, preferably from AT&T, tell me if NFL Network & RedZone are no longer being carried on U-verse? At 4:15pm today I tried to go to channels 1629 & 1630, but what I saw was a message saying “This channel is no longer carried” and there was a reference to TVpromise.org. First time I’ve ever seen that message. To me, that isn’t just that the NFL Network is offline with broadcast issues. It’s that U-verse has dropped those two channels. Anyone else have this issue or heard anything about it?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

5 years ago

Hello Community,

The NFL Network and Red Zone remain available to all fans on DIRECTV. However, as we continue to manage content costs, we could not reach an agreement with the NFL to continue to carry those channels on U-verse and DIRECTV NOW.

Thanks

AT&T Community Team

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

5 years ago

It's been gone since mid-April.  A thread was started back then.

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

5 years ago

Same here. Very disappointed.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

5 years ago

OMG....my late husband watched NFL Network more than any other channel.  Our running joke was "when nothing else is on turn the TV to 1630" (he loved football and especially his Cowboys). 

Since his passing, the TV is never tuned to it but the fact that it's no longer being carried still makes me sad. 

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

We noticed the same thing.  I found a document online at https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/consumer/help/pdf/April2019.pdf  from AT&T and part of it is as follows:

As previously noticed, the AT&T contract with the programmer for the following channels is set to expire. While these channels will continue to be
available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the
programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel
location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the
rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) on or after April 2019:

A&E (channel 132 and 1132 in HD);
A&E – West (channel 132 and 1132 in HD);
Crime & Investigation Network (channel 163 and 1163 in HD);
FYI (channel 272 and 1272 in HD);
FYI - West (channel 272 and 1272 in HD);
EVINE Live and EVINE Live in HD;
GMA Pinoy (channel 3683);
History (channel 256 and 1256 in HD);
History – West (channel 256 and 1256 in HD);
History en Espanol (channel 3104 in HD);
Lifetime Real Women (channel 364);
Lifetime Television (channel 360 and 1360 in HD);
Lifetime Television - West (channel 361 and 1361 in HD);
LMN (channel 362 and 1362 in HD);
LMN – West (channel 362 and 1362 in HD);
MBC America (channel 3643);
Military History Channel (channel 276);
NFL Network (channel 630 and 1630 in HD);
NFL RedZone (channel 1629 in HD);
Sportsman Channel (channel 642 and 1642 in HD);
Viceland (channel 257 and 1257 in HD);
Viceland - West (channel 257 and 1257 in HD);
World Fishing Network (channel 1679 in HD

One thing I noticed is that ALL the channels listed are still available for viewing EXCEPT the NFL Network.  It's the only one that states "this channel is no longer available" when you go there.  If it doesn't come back by the time training camp starts, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.  I've had Uverse for 10 years and I really don't want to get rid of it.  But in MY house... we HAVE to have the NFL Network. 

Teacher

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

If all this is true, then why when we all ordered these services did they not inform us on the possibility of loosing all these stations. We are about to move and if this is all true, then I regret to say we will not continue our service with At&t. Communication is very important when you are a business and when you see these things coming up, it's is you duty to inform your customers and figure out a solution.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Here is what I found on tvpromise.com

To our U-verse TV and DIRECTV NOW customers

Our rights to provide the NFL Network in your TV lineup have expired. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

The NFL Network and RED ZONE CHANNEL® remain available to all fans on DIRECTV. However, as we continue to manage content costs, we could not reach an agreement with the NFL to continue to carry those channels on U-verse and DIRECTV NOW.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am going to Spectrum 

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

NFL Channel gone? This is 10 days before the NFL Draft, this biggest off season event for any NFL fan. To say I am very disappointed is an understatement. AT&T best get off their high horse and have the lawyers back at the contract table and get an agreement penned. With what we pay AT&T this channel agreement should have done. Football is the most popular sport and it has a year round following. We watch the NFL “ Good Morning Football “ every day. Note to AT&T - Understand ?

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

This is 10 Days before  the NFL Draft. This ***** big time this does not get fixed NOW. 

[word filter avoidance]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.