Explore & discover

Helpful Links

NFL Network & RedZone are gone

NFL Network & RedZone are gone

Can anyone, preferably from AT&T, tell me if NFL Network & RedZone are no longer being carried on U-verse? At 4:15pm today I tried to go to channels 1629 & 1630, but what I saw was a message saying “This channel is no longer carried” and there was a reference to TVpromise.org. First time I’ve ever seen that message. To me, that isn’t just that the NFL Network is offline with broadcast issues. It’s that U-verse has dropped those two channels. Anyone else have this issue or heard anything about it?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 477
Tutor

Re: NFL Network

None
Message 466 of 477
Mentor

If the NFL Network isn’t back by game one. I’m leaving UVerse. 

Message 467 of 477
Mentor

I signed up for Sling on Thursday and just received my free ROKU player from them for doing so, earlier today. All hooked up and ready for Sunday and NFL RedZone. We are also keeping our Uverse, as we love all the other channels they do offer, along with the DVR. Will use my Sling until football season is over and then cancel it until next season if I have do so again. I would recommend anyone who is missing ONLY NFL Network and RedZone to do exactly what we are doing.

Message 468 of 477
Scholar

Did the same exact thing you did, now I don't have to fool around as I can watch the red zone this Sunday. You can also watch the nfl network  and the nfl red zone  on your pc and can even download the nfl channel for the roku, you have to authenticate thru sling, and then you are all set. This way you can determine which one has a sharper video feed , and then go from there.     http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/main/network/watch

Message 469 of 477
Teacher

I also signed up for Sling. Stinks that Att is screwing us over with these 2 channels. I will never use an Att service of any kind again. 

Message 470 of 477
Tutor

aT&T made a crybaby move.  NFL has been open to examining a multi platform approach after the DIrecTV contact expires this year.   As a response to this, AT&T only demonstrated to the NFL they don’t manage multiple platforms like internet or streaming TV.  Bring on Amazon and Google for NFL streaming.   Bye bye dishes.  

Message 471 of 477

Absolutely terrible. Time to switch away from ATT/UVerse.

Message 472 of 477
Tutor

This is a disgrace.  ATT is essentially proving it is not a capable multi platform technology provider for delivering best in class content for its “partners”.   Why they insist on focusing on the snail-pace satellite platform is beyond me.   When NFL Sunday ticket deal expires and other providers are shown to be much better shiny objects to the NFL, those satellites found attached to many homes will be reminiscent of old rooftop TV antennas from the 60s.  

Message 473 of 477
Teacher

I am getting ready to fire up Sling in less than an hour for an afternoon of Red Zone.  AT&T can pound sand. 

Message 474 of 477
ACE - Master

@Phukthis wrote:

When NFL Sunday ticket deal expires and other providers are shown to be much better shiny objects to the NFL, those satellites found attached to many homes will be reminiscent of old rooftop TV antennas from the 60s.

For the record, AT&T agrees and is already phasing out satellite service. In a few years, its satellites will fall from orbit and AT&T isn't replacing them. If you don't like using satellite dishes, sign up for another Internet service using a different technology.

**Disclaimer: I don't work for AT&T, have never worked for AT&T, and have never been compensated by them in any way, shape, or form**
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 475 of 477

So, I guess I missed this until now. Here I am on Sunday of week 1 and finding out the NFL RZ chanel is dead on Uverse. To make it worse I'm stuck paying an early term fee until Jan if I ditch the uverse service. 

Message 476 of 477
Tutor

I had U-Verse for over 11 years and just cancelled 2 weeks ago. I switch over to PlayStation-Vue, they carry all the channels that I want (NFL Network, RedZone etc..), plus DVR included. If you don’t have a PlayStation don’t worry, you don’t need it!

Message 477 of 477
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support