Do_It_Knightly's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 15th, 2019 8:25 PM

Closed

NFL Network & RedZone are gone

Can anyone, preferably from AT&T, tell me if NFL Network & RedZone are no longer being carried on U-verse? At 4:15pm today I tried to go to channels 1629 & 1630, but what I saw was a message saying “This channel is no longer carried” and there was a reference to TVpromise.org. First time I’ve ever seen that message. To me, that isn’t just that the NFL Network is offline with broadcast issues. It’s that U-verse has dropped those two channels. Anyone else have this issue or heard anything about it?

Scholar

• 

375 Messages

5 years ago

At this late point in time (as far as the start of the NFL season goes...), does anyone know if there will be a late carriage agreement between ATT & NFL to return NFL Network to the U-Verse core package and RedZone to the sports/HD premium pack?

Extremely doubtful. here's why

1. Uverse just dropped the red zone and nfl network in April, I think their mind was made up , to save money , they were just going to run it on the direct tv platform

2. U-verse is being phased out, their new streaming service will be ATT TV, they will not sell u-verse anymore in areas where they offer ATT TV, Be careful if you switch to another provider, you might not be able to get u-verse back. So it would seem ridiculous for them to put channels back on a platform they are going to be ending.

3. There are ways to get the zone, and nfl network, get direct tv, as you have noticed, they always want to push you into getting direct tv. If you can't put up a dish, could look into a low cost channel cutter add on option like sling, they carry  the nfl network and red zone. Right now if you prepay 2 months of sling they will send you a free roku express, or if you don't want the free roku first month is 40% off, you can drop at any time

4. If you like u-verse are you going to actually drop them , go thru the hassle of equip. return , pay for installation of new service for 2 channels.? 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for your excellent response.  I understand all your rationale.  I guess I'll monitor things one more week & then drop 300 to 200 since NFL Network is gone, drop HD prem./sports pack since Redzone is gone & shift some of that savings over to Sling for my sports (NFL/MLB & even pick up NHL as a bonus...) as you also mentioned.  Thanks again...

Scholar

• 

36 Messages

5 years ago

Uverse certainly isn't going to regain NFL Network. As someone else posted, Uverse is being phased out. I read on another site that an installer told the customer that new installs of Uverse were going to end in October. Obviously that is not definite but the poster said that the employee said it very matter of factly, as if they had been told. 

ACC Network might be added in the short term. But the only reason would be the connection to ESPN, and if AT&T felt it had no choice to avoid losing networks it can't afford to drop. Otherwise as a standalone there isn't a fleck of a chance AT&T would care about adding ACC Network.

The streaming companies all have strengths and weaknesses. Sling has been mentioned several times recently. One issue with them is that their Cloud DVR cannot record any of the Disney family of channels. That means ESPN and everything connected to ESPN. I always tape multiple college football games per week on the ESPN networks and watch them later. Not possible on Sling. AT&T may be greedy and low class but it does have superior DVR capability to the streaming options. I wish they would hurry up and catch up.

Teacher

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

It's rather obvious that at&t has very little regard for their customers. I talked to customer support about why I am paying for NFL Network, and not receiving it. I also asked for a refund. I was basically told tough *****. At&t reserves the right to change our terms, and customers can *****.  Well at least from what I understood from the Indian woman whose dialect was extremely difficult to understand. The future of entertainment? I don't think so.

[Please keep it courteous]

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

None

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

5 years ago

If the NFL Network isn’t back by game one. I’m leaving UVerse. 

Mentor

• 

83 Messages

5 years ago

I signed up for Sling on Thursday and just received my free ROKU player from them for doing so, earlier today. All hooked up and ready for Sunday and NFL RedZone. We are also keeping our Uverse, as we love all the other channels they do offer, along with the DVR. Will use my Sling until football season is over and then cancel it until next season if I have do so again. I would recommend anyone who is missing ONLY NFL Network and RedZone to do exactly what we are doing.

Scholar

• 

375 Messages

5 years ago

Did the same exact thing you did, now I don't have to fool around as I can watch the red zone this Sunday. You can also watch the nfl network  and the nfl red zone  on your pc and can even download the nfl channel for the roku, you have to authenticate thru sling, and then you are all set. This way you can determine which one has a sharper video feed , and then go from there.     http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/main/network/watch

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

5 years ago

I also signed up for Sling. Stinks that Att is screwing us over with these 2 channels. I will never use an Att service of any kind again. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

aT&T made a crybaby move.  NFL has been open to examining a multi platform approach after the DIrecTV contact expires this year.   As a response to this, AT&T only demonstrated to the NFL they don’t manage multiple platforms like internet or streaming TV.  Bring on Amazon and Google for NFL streaming.   Bye bye dishes.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.