Do_It_Knightly's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 15th, 2019 8:25 PM

Closed

NFL Network & RedZone are gone

Can anyone, preferably from AT&T, tell me if NFL Network & RedZone are no longer being carried on U-verse? At 4:15pm today I tried to go to channels 1629 & 1630, but what I saw was a message saying “This channel is no longer carried” and there was a reference to TVpromise.org. First time I’ve ever seen that message. To me, that isn’t just that the NFL Network is offline with broadcast issues. It’s that U-verse has dropped those two channels. Anyone else have this issue or heard anything about it?

Scholar

• 

36 Messages

5 years ago

Not surprising at all the literature still claimed NFL Network in June. It's like gas prices...rapid to rise and slow to fall. If AT&T had a new acclaimed network in its lineup the advertising would have been immediate. But in terms of getting rid of something they don't mind at all if wrong impression lingers for a while and perhaps attracts a customer here and there.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Dallas Cowboys stadium is called AT&T 

What a shame.....Im switching to WOW.By September due to contract . Hopefully Jerry Jones drops AT&T as well.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Hey everybody. I am right there with you. I am switching to WOW or Spectrum (my only two choices) In September as well to get the NFL Network. My special 2 year pricing with AT&T is up In October anyhow so I will be paying about the same at that point as the others. Even if AT&T gets NFL Network back I'm switching because of what they did to us right before the NFL draft.
#BurntBridge

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

This is not a solution. This is an explanation. ATT charges the same I get fewer channels. That is not a solution for me. I would not have signed on with U-Verse if NFL Network was not a part of the package. If the network is not restored by football season, I will leave ATT for TV, internet and phone. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I switched to Playstation Vue which has the NFL network. Works very well with no issues. Saved me about 80.00 month for basically same channels. Channels that are not there are ones I never watched. I kept the bare minimum cable package to keep the unlimited internet. I have not yet gone over the 1 TB allowance in 3 months so will soon be dropping the basic cable package with ATT also. Guess ATT just dont want money from customers.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Add the NFL Network to UVerse or I will be canceling my service.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Cmbdbc  as if its that easy,

Scholar

• 

36 Messages

5 years ago

NFL Network is not coming back. Best to evaluate other options now, instead of waiting until the brink of opening week and then forced to scramble. Playstation Vue is a good option because it includes NFL Network in most of its packages, and also includes the major networks like ABC, NBC and CBS. Other companies like Sling don't have those networks. 

I use DVR heavily and often don't get to programs for more than a month. For example, I taped all the biathlon world championship races from March but still have not watched them. Not exactly risky. Nobody is bombarding me with biathlon results. I can watch them months later and not have any idea who won. 

AT&T has superior DVR than some alternates. That complicates matters for me even if it wouldn't mean much of anything to others. Playstation keeps programs for only 28 days. 

YouTube TV, on the other hand, is really prioritizing its Cloud-based DVR. They keep programs for 9 months, which is plenty of time even for me. The user interface is excellent. My neighbor has it so he allowed me to tinker and evaluate. I was extremely impressed. YouTube allows DVR accounts for 6 different users of the same account, meaning you aren't stepping on each other's recordings and potentially deleting them accidentally. It is unlimited volume, unlike the 200 hours current max on my Uverse DVR.

Here is the current channel lineup comparison. If AT&T doesn't want these type of lists then they shouldn't be getting rid of biggies like NFL Network while sending minions to pathetically rationalize:

https://www.cnet.com/news/youtube-tv-vs-sling-tv-vs-directv-now-vs-hulu-and-more-live-tv-channels-compared/

Scholar

• 

36 Messages

5 years ago

Obviously I should have mentioned that YouTube TV does not have NFL Network. Some people use Playstation for football season then switch to YouTube for the remaining 8 months of the year. My neighbor does that. 

There has been some talk of YouTube adding NFL Network but it hasn't happened yet

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.